United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
My wife had an ablation on Tuesday. And, well...that didn't go quite as planned. The ablation on took 7 1/2 hours. They did a chest cathader and went in under her breast bone. They ablated parts of her heart from both inside and outside.

While in the recovery room, she was in a lot of pain. She NEVER complains of pain. She rated her pain as an 8-9 outta 10. Her heart and chest was really hurting. But what do you expect when you have someone working on your heart for that long, and then you have a tube running up to it?

They moved her to the Cardiovascular CU (CVCU) around 6pm. At 9:30, she went into V-tach and they had to cardiovert (shock) her. She went back into v-tach, but self converted out of it. They moved her to the surgical ICU unit. That's where the really messed up people are. I saw some scary things there.

The rest of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning she was fine. Didn't have many problems. Her heart was still acting up in the night, but nothing too serious.

They took the chest tube out on Wednesday morning and that helped out with the pain.

On Wednesday afternoon, while her brother was visiting, she went back into V-tach. The nurses and doctors all ran back into the room. They got her prepped to cardiovert her again, but she self converted when the put the paddle sticker on her back. Mollies brother was VERY shaken by seeing this.

After about 30 minutes, she went into V-tach again. She self converted out of it again.

They kept her in the SICU until Thursday, then moved her to the MICU (medical ICU). She had a few runs of V-tach while there, but not too much to be worried about. Remember, she goes into short V-tach on a daily, and usually multiple times a day, basis.

They moved her back to the CVCU on Thursday evening. She went into some V-tach this morning, but again, nothing too bad.

But, during this whole time her health kept deteriorating. She wasn't eating, would take a sip of water and throw it up, couldn't control the pain. They kept her pretty drugged up for the pain, and the nausia medicine knocked her out.

The pain lessened over the few days. But, the nausia wouldn't subside. She couldn't eat. Everything kept coming back up.

This morning, even with her nausia, she was able to take a shower. It wiped her out, but she felt a lot better.

The doctors and us agreed that she should head home to finish her recovery. That her being in her own bed, no IVs (She had ...3?), no wires and heart monitors. Plus, her mother is a PA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physician_assistant) so she basically has a doctor on call 24/7.

She got home around 2pm today. She has perked up some, but is still very wiped out and tired.

So...there you go. It's been a crazy four days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Rough. Hoping for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
Sorry Troy, praying for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

soblue Prayers for her, you, and everyone else close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez, Troy, that is really tough, I hope you are hanging in there and I will definitely keep you all in my prayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prayers for your wife, you, and the rest of your family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
The last four days sound really tough - Ug. Good that she's getting home!

Thanks for the update - you folks are in our thoughts. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prayers for your wife and you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man. Hang in there. Prayers for your family.

All the best possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can say nothing new, that hasn't already been said...You, your wife and family have my prayers and well wishes, may everything come out all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are keeping you and your wife in out thoughts and prayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
Troy, I want you to know that I think and pray for you guys daily and I am not going to stop. That's all I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squeeker
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, I hope things get better. I don't pray but I will think positively for you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear what rough times you continue to go through. My thoughts and prayers for you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Her nausiousness seems to have subsided. She's still in a lot of pain. But it seems things are starting to get better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That is a lot to go through.

Our best wishes and prayers that your wife recovers quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our prayers continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prayers for you and your family.

Home in four days after heart surgery seems like a miracle to me. Hopefully being at home will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.