Subject: Purple cards- stupid question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Boettcher
United States
Huber Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
Sorry, I'm new to Dominion. I Played my first game tonight before I realized I hadn't put all my purple backed randomizers together. After playing I put them together & I was wondering why there are randomizers for money and victory points. What is the point for this since they're going to be in the game anyways?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Originally, they were called "placeholders" instead of "randomizers", and were intended to be used to mark empty piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the idea is that you put them down first, to mark out piles. It's not something I've ever seen a need to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEREMY JINKERSON
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shuffle them together and deal out ten cards. There's your ten Kingdom Cards. It's how you can randomize your Kingdom Card layout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bone4lyf wrote:
You shuffle them together and deal out ten cards. There's your ten Kingdom Cards. It's how you can randomize your Kingdom Card layout.

No, no... The question is NOT about Kingdom card randomisers but about money and victory point randomiser cards. And the explanations provided earlier are quite reasonable. Or is there any other use for these cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:

Or is there any other use for these cards?

I deckbox my treasure and vp cards, So I put my randomizer/placeholders in larger sleeves which makes it quicker to separate into piles.
But yeah not much use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
bone4lyf wrote:

No, no... The question is NOT about Kingdom card randomisers but about money and victory point randomiser cards. And the explanations provided earlier are quite reasonable. Or is there any other use for these cards?

I think it was just a means to round out the 500 cards. There might have been a use for them at some stage of playtesting but no need for them now. This is evidenced by the fact the expansion Victory and Coin cards no longer have a corresponding "randomizer" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the blank cards from the base game and some of the expansions to create additional cards. You can also get some blank cards through the BGG store. Then I use the extra randomizers for treasures, VP, and curses to represent those cards in my randomizer deck. I shuffle my randomizer deck to choose the cards to play with each game. That way my extra cards I created can easily be part of the random draw for the kingdom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boettcher
United States
Huber Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.