Subject: A sample punct.biskai.de game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j preen
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a recent turn based game between me (bluedog) and EiNSTEiN at punct.biskai.de, which took about a week to complete, and several hours of thinking time between us! It is game number 359 if you would like to review while reading this.

First thirteen moves were at level 1 (the first to be forced to jump seems to be at a disadvantage usually):

As black I was defending most of the way, but trying to keep a counterthreat open at the same time. EiNSTEiN is threatening to win with a jump down of his M14 angled piece, so I am forced to jump to block...

In return I threaten to join and he blocks with his M14 and then plays this nice move to dually threaten either a direct join up the left side or a jump join using level 3 at E6:

Thus I am forced to cover that angle piece, and luckily I had a piece which immediately enabled me to threaten a win several times in a row. Note that the angle piece at L15 can cover the corner (by being played to G10) and even its removal doesn't stop me rejoining to the North-East edge next time. After several more moves, I can even threaten to move the piece at C3 to connect my two lines together:

From that point on EiNSTEiN has to keep playing to stop my one move wins (using the centre punct angle pieces being able to jump over the I12 hole) and eventually he runs out of ways to block me and I, fortunately, don't quite run out of pieces!

Fully played out it would have ended up looking something like this:

We are still getting to grips with the strategy, but the game is extremely deep, with many levels both theoretically and in reality!
Come join us online, any time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Getzen
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very cool and very interesting. I may have to take up this game!

Getzen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.