Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the title says im going in for surgery in a couple of weeks and im gonna be out of work for up to 3 weeks. Im not gonna be able to move around much, so im hoping ill be able to atleast lay in bed or sit on the sofa and play games. Can anyone recommend some games to buy based on the ones in my collection(im kinda picky and like newer games). Im probably going to be playing soloexcept for the rare occasion where my gf plays with me. Ive been looking for something I can continuously play over the course of a couple games, like a dungeon crawler or something of the likes where I will gain levels + equipment. Im also not opposed to a rpg, but I havent played one yet so it would have to be entry level. Im not only intrested in a dungeon crawler so if anything else sounds like it would be intresting based on the games I own let me know. Also if you notice something in my collection the would be worth playing solo let me know.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite solo game is Ghost Stories. It plays well with two players too. Based on the rated games in your collection, I see it as a miss in your collection.

For a wonderful 2p card game, you should check out Battle Line.

For something from the cult of the new, look into CO₂. I've seen positive reports for it as a solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy an ipad or an android phone.

Snowdonia is good solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:

Snowdonia is good solo.

I have a ipad and iphone ... id rather play a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian L
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten to play it yet, but it seems Mage Knight would be a good fit for your solo game. There's also a good video series (Box of Delights) here on then Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BauMeister wrote:
Haven't gotten to play it yet, but it seems Mage Knight would be a good fit for your solo game. There's also a good video series (Box of Delights) here on then Geek.

I had mage knight at one point but traded it... I still regret it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lsbass wrote:
BauMeister wrote:

I had mage knight at one point but traded it... I still regret it!

Yes, I thought it was fishy that you rate it a 9, and have it as previously owned. I was like, "whaaa?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo is a good 2 player card game.

Fleet is a new card game with an auction/drafting mechanic that is pretty fun. Some say it isnt good with 2. Ive played it as a 2 player and I enjoyed it.

Going back a few years, Saint Petersburg is really good.

Also going back a few years, Thurn and Taxis is also very good and scales to 2 extremely well. Thurn and Taxis also has an "official" solo variant posted in the forums that is quite a bit of challenging fun.

Some of the new games out that are reported to be good with 2 or solo (or more) are Suburbia and Ginkgopolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get another copy of Mage Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote would be for Mice and Mystics. Although it has a moderate table footprint so you'd definitely need to be sitting up with large table. I'm not sure how immobile you'll be, so maybe that's a problem.

It does play solo. It can be played in campaign mode.

And if you're really looking for something to keep you occupied, you could try painting the miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Agricola rules should include some kind of solo campaign game.

If you want to try something new, Flash Point: Fire Rescue works really well solo (it is a coop), but it does not have a campaign system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lsbass wrote:
lacreighton wrote:

Snowdonia is good solo.

I have a ipad and iphone ... id rather play a board game.

Me too, but if being laid up keeps you in bed, you woiuld be surprised how much convenience is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Chris Taylor (I)'s games. Nemo's War, Astra Titanus and Forlorn: Hope. Fantastic solitaire play with much replayability.

EDIT: After looking at your collection I really think these are gonna be a good match for you. Seems like you prefer Fantasy over Sci Fi, but Taylor's games have very immersive themes that tell a story while playing out really interestingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions im looking into a lot of them. Mice and Mystics looks good, I think my gf could get into that theme. Also CO2 looks great! I think im looking more towards a coop game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got legends of andor today, its a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reading up on World of Warcraft: The Boardgame and it sounds like it might fit the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Seme
United States
broadview hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ND3G wrote:
I was just reading up on World of Warcraft: The Boardgame and it sounds like it might fit the bill.

Haha when my buddy and I went to the LGS today they had a copy and he picked it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lsbass wrote:
ND3G wrote:

Haha when my buddy and I went to the LGS today they had a copy and he picked it up.

Now you just need to "borrow" it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game I'm playing solo right now is Mage Knight Board Game. It's really great, and could be described as a dungeon crawler and an RPG, though you don't spend all that much time in dungeons. That said, it takes a lot of space to set up and some significant reaching to manipulate the board, flip tokens, and draw cards...so maybe not the best for someone immobilized by surgery. Maybe save it for the last week of recovery.

lacreighton wrote:

Me too, but if being laid up keeps you in bed, you woiuld be surprised how much convenience is worth.

This is very good advice. I don't have an iOS or Android device, so I can't tell you what games are good on those operating systems, but Keldon's Race for the Galaxy is great (and works on Windows or OS X).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game and some of its many expansions would be a great game for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chit Hang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how about
Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island ?

i haven't played it but i have heard it is a good solo game
it is however not a dungeon crawl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The pen is mightier than a really small, blunt, and foam covered sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to check out Sentinels of the Multiverse, fast set up and tear down and many people consider it the best super hero game on the market. There is also a solo variant for Android: Netrunner that is supposed to be fantastic, plus it is incredibly fun if you can get someone to play with regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
+1 Mice and Mystics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.