Subject: New Game Group - Akron, Ohio rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elisha Mitchell
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Starting February 11, 2006, there will be a new game group starting in Akron, Ohio. We will be gathering to play games like Citadels, Hero Scape, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, Tch Chu, Franks Zoo, and more! We will meet every 2nd Saturday, starting in February! We will meet at the Unitarian Universalist Church, located at 3300 Morewood Avenue - Akron, OH 44333. This is right across from Summit Mall, near Fairlawn. We plan on gathering at 5pm and playing until 11pm. Bring your own food, beverages, etc. There are many restaurants in the area and the church does have a pop machine. If you have any questions, feel free to email elisha@tetradesign.com or mitch@tetradesign.com!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
so refreshing to hear a fellow Ohioan say pop. I'm stuck in VA where it's soda, just can't get used to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David Faeth
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I live (and grew up) in Ohio. I say "soda". People look at me like a freak when I say soda. They ask me where I'm from, and they correct me endlessly, but I stick to my guns. I'm a native Ohioan, and I call it soda... Because it's soda.

And also, when is there going to be a group in NW OH? I'm dying up here with only the same two or three people to game with all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Fishing
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Northwest is for the birds. I was born in Southeast Ohio and raised in the Northeast near Cleveland and have always said "pop", but have also always been aware of the "soda" variant. This is likely an Eastside vs. Westside sort of thing. Here's a deal, let's make millions of dollars rapping about it and then fake that we killed each other's posse members to make even more. You know how to rap, right?

Anyways, good to see this thing is in Fairlawn which is roughly 15 miles away. I might make an attempt to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Staley
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news! Right now my work schedule does not permit me to attend, but after this Spring semester things might be changing! Great news though to have a group going on in my town!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elisha Mitchell
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I actually grew up in Southern California, where everything was coke. Then I went to college in Colorado, then lived 5 years in Ohio, then 5 years in Nashville, Tennessee, almost a year in Ypsilanti, Michigan, a short 6 month stint in Seattle, and now back to Ohio. So, I don't know where the heck I picked up pop? At any rate, coke, pop, and soda are all available out of this machine at the church! I just hope y'all show up so we can play some games! See you in February!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKahan
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
Great to see another group in Ohio.

You can find and post about the group or even find other players in Ohio at: www.spanc.org

or

http://ohiogamers.org

try these areas to find players and groups in the Ohio area....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hurlburt
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see people in the Akron area. Hope a game group newbie is welcome! (Not new to gaming, just new to most of the games listed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this open to anyone who is interested in joining, or do you need to live in Akron? We're about 45 minutes away, in the middle of nowhere with no one to play games with....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elisha Mitchell
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
We are open to anyone who want to play games, from wherever you come and whatever you know. We are pretty new to gaming and game groups ourselves. We started playing about 2 years ago when we lived in TN. We refers to my husband and myself. So, there are a lot of games we would love to learn to play. I just listed a few games that we have played and enjoyed. We actually don't own many multiplayer games, mostly 2 player, but we will bring all we have. Please bring any and all games you would like to share as well. We are not rigid and would like to have input from all who show up. We see this as an ever evolving group and the main goal is to just have some great competitive and most of all fun, game playing! Please email if you have any questions, elisha@tetradesign.com. I keep forgetting to check this board. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.