Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Awesome
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear some stories from your gaming groups! The inspiration comes from one of UndeadVikings videos and he told a great one about his daughter playing.

To get the ball rolling here is one from me:

In a very tense 3 player game we approached the end stage. The player to my right setup so she could win next turn (very probable), on my turn I had to try and knock off her life to zero but I couldnt get more than two claws. I did however enter tokyo and grabb some points from the dice, setting myself up to probably win on my next turn as well if the game lasted that long.

So third players turn and she had to ponder her actions for a bit. She could roll, buy a card dealing damage to knocking out the player to my right but this would most likely hand me the game win (I had too many lives so a double KO wasnt possible). She decided to try and win the game instead - Payed one to switch from mimicing a card I cant remember to total destruction. Blew her dice and rolled:

Pushing herself from 13 to win! On the first roll! We laughed so much and joked about she took so long to think and then just decided to simply win instead =]

Anyone got a story to share?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a five person game that was going pretty well. Everyone had 9 or 10 health still as we were playing conservatively, so someone decided to be cute and do the high altitude bomb dealing three damage to everyone including themselves. The bomber's turn was followed by the person in Tokyo who immediately rolled 6 claws killing everyone but the bomber (who had 1 health left). On the bomber's next turn he was unable to roll many claws/hearts and died as soon as the Tokyo monster went again.

I don't think I have ever seen a game go from everyone healthy to four monsters dead so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
United States
Hesperia
California
flag msg tools
Played my first party game with 6 players. (7 since two were playing as one monster.) People were definitely having fun with the theme and getting to whack each other. One woman stayed out of the fray for the most part and slowly accumulated victory points. We saw she was at 15 and thought we could have one more turn before she went out.

In her first roll she rolled 3 3's. She re-rolled the other 4 dice (extra head) and got 3 2's. Game over. Seriously, what are the odds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clavaine wrote:
Played my first party game with 6 players. (7 since two were playing as one monster.) People were definitely having fun with the theme and getting to whack each other. One woman stayed out of the fray for the most part and slowly accumulated victory points. We saw she was at 15 and thought we could have one more turn before she went out.

In her first roll she rolled 3 3's. She re-rolled the other 4 dice (extra head) and got 3 2's. Game over. Seriously, what are the odds?

1 in 46656 in one roll, but those rerolls are killers! Gotta love them tho for shaking things up! I remember our first "6 claws" reroll, knocked the Tokyo monster out cold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.