Subject: Dunwich card Physical and Magical Immunity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my expansion in finally and I already have a question just skimming the cards.

I read one of the Dunwich cards and it claims that the Dunwich horror has Magical and Physical IMMUNITY!? How can you even pass a combat check to get an item card when he is completely immune?!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I am going against Glaaki and I also have questions on his servants.

1. Do you always lose the item stated on the back of his servants when they enter play or do they only take away your item ONCE?

2. Do the 5 Glaaki servants also count if they are in the outskirts?

3. When the outskirts are full and already have a servent of Glaaki does it get discarded and only one more come in or do the accumulate?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
I just got my expansion in finally and I already have a question just skimming the cards.

I read one of the Dunwich cards and it claims that the Dunwich horror has Magical and Physical IMMUNITY!? How can you even pass a combat check to get an item card when he is completely immune?!

Thanks!

It means that you do not get bonuses. You have to use your base skill values.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:

Thanks!

The really bad news with the Dunwich Horror is that every time you fight him, you draw a card for his attributes for that battle; he will seldom be both physically and magically immune (if ever).

Note, though, that physical and magical immunity prevent damage for the bonuses for physical and magical weapons and spells; you can always use your fight, a strategy MCCrispy calls "punch 'em in the throat..."

Admittedly, one would have to punch tolerably hard to take out the Horror...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
Ok, I am going against Glaaki and I also have questions on his servants.

1. Do you always lose the item stated on the back of his servants when they enter play or do they only take away your item ONCE?

Every time it enters play.

Quote:
2. Do the 5 Glaaki servants also count if they are in the outskirts?

Spawn monsters (any monster with the red circle emblem, such as the servants or the DH) do not count towards the Monster Limit and never go to the Outskirts.

One more note; even though the flavor text on the Ancient One card for Glakki refers to "Undead Servants", there is no bolded "Undead" on the back of the servant tiles, and they are not considered undead for game purposes (Cross, Jim Culver, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goody
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:

One more note; even though the flavor text on the Ancient One card for Glakki refers to "Undead Servants", there is no bolded "Undead" on the back of the servant tiles, and they are not considered undead for game purposes (Cross, Jim Culver, etc).

But as it states, Cultists are which makes those things you mention a lot more useful in general
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.