Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: About Discarding Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules Booklet doesn't say nothing about discarding cards. It says only how to use and discard the 'play immediately' and the 'ally' Event Cards. Nothing about 'keep' Event Cards and Item Cards.
If I play an Item Card in combat (and it isn't destroyed during combat round), when and how is it discarded? At combat end? It isn't discarded at all?
Finally, can a player discard some Cards from his hand, without using them, just to free some space for new ones?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K.
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AFAIK Hunters and Dracual besides normal card usage only discard "Keep" Cars if they exceed the limit shown on their character sheet or given by allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a a
Germany
Unspecified
NRW
flag msg tools
mb
Zem. wrote:

Finally, can a player discard some Cards from his hand, without using them, just to free some space for new ones?

When you get new cards exeeding your limit, you can choose which ones to keep and which ones to throw away, so there ist no need to free space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
And yes, when you actually play a Keep card for its effect, it's discarded. Keep or Play Immediately simply tells you what to do with the card when you draw it in the first place. Once you play the card, it's discarded whether it says Keep or Play Immediately.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Quote:
If I play an Item Card in combat (and it isn't destroyed during combat round), when and how is it discarded? At combat end? It isn't discarded at all?

But what about this situation? I assume the hunters can always keep their weapons - as Dracula in my first game, I found out very quickly this isn't a game of attacking the hunters directly, they are armed to the teeth. It's about using your minions to do your dirty work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
But what about this situation? I assume the hunters can always keep their weapons - as Dracula in my first game, I found out very quickly this isn't a game of attacking the hunters directly, they are armed to the teeth. It's about using your minions to do your dirty work.

Some items, like the Holy Bullets will run out. Otherwise, if somebody has a Stake or a Knife then Dracula had better hope to win a "Snatch" roll and disarm him.
Dracula vs. VanHelsing with a Stake = Hurting Dracula.

If you want to jump a Hunter it is possible, just make sure you have the Customs Search work him over first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Aha, my mistake. In our first game, we completely ignored the bold, italics text on the items/combat cards, and no hunter ever lost any weapons. It was a bad scene for Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.