Hide
4 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which dice do you roll for spells? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holdem Colfield
msg tools
Generally, what we have been just choosing which dice we find more appetizing for that particular party member. Or rather, what makes most sense for that class to be using. But there are a couple Heroes that can benefit from different abilities, whereas the skill in itself doesn't describe which roll to use. For instance on the Deeproot Scout: All of his abilities have range, would that imply that I am rolling dex on them? Also, if for some reason I have higher attack on my Glimmerdusk ranger due to extra equips, would it be viable to burst with attack and not use range?

I understand that most of these are implied, but I was hoping there were more concise rules on them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
You roll attack, not dexterity for ranged attacks.
It's Missile attacks that use Dexterity, check the very back page of the rulebook.
Ability's with Magic X let you use Will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holdem Colfield
msg tools
Styfen wrote:
Concise Rules are.

If the attack is Melee or Ranged X - use ATT
If it is Magic X - use Will
If it is Missile - Use Dex

If the character themselves has Magic or Missile in their 'middle stat bar' (the text between the picture and the special actions) then you can choose to apply that attack type to any of their attacks listed below. i.e. The Glimmerdusk Ranger's Sparkle Burst can be Missile 6 using her Dex.

Note: You don't have to make a Magic or Missile attack if you don't want to, all characters can always make melee attacks using their ATT stat. This is useful if a non-melee character wants to hit a Boo Booty (who are immune to non-Melee attacks)

Thank you, this was very informative!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.