Popular Tags: [View All]
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Christmas is over and my mother was kind enough to give me a $50 gift certificate to Books-A-Million (http://www.bamm.com). I'd really like to get a game with the card.

However, the only games they have on their website are basically the endless variations of Scene It, Monopoly and other party games (not even Apples To Apples).

So my questions are: are local selections any better or is what I see on the website what I can expect in the physical store when I go in?

Failing that can someone recommend any gaming-related book titles for me to use it on? And, before anyone says it, "Dice Games Properly Explained" is not listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Books-a-Million has a good selection of RPGs. Worst comes to worst, pick up a few of those and use them for trades here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but if I'm going to get RPG books, they'd be for me and anything they have on their shelf in the store really would be kind of silly for someone to trade for considering how its still in print and BGG really doesn't seem to be the hotbed for RPG trades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Cameron Browne's "Connection Games" for Christmas.
If you like games such as Hex or Twixt, this describes about 200 others in the genre.
http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3356160235965&isb...
My favorite page is 83.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklyn Cook
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

The selection of games in the store is better than what you see on their website. I can't tell you what they're carrying nowadays, but I remember the usual selection (family, party), plus a few quality titles. It's been a year since I've been in a BAM (bad employment memories...). The games will be on a fixture/display built for the purpose of stocking board games.

Visit the local store and see what's in stock.

-Frank
Former Books-A-Million General Manager

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the news I saw a piece about web sites that will exchange cards you don't want for ones you do. Maybe you could trade it for a game one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I went to the store last night. They didn't have much of anything... again, endless variations of Scene It, Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit. The only real game they had was a copy of Age of Mythology from Eagle Games so I picked it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.