Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
http://meshtime.com/2013/01/20/bite-turn-3-axis-blocks-in-th...
AAR with images at the link above. What I will say right now, is that similar to OCS this game provides (by different means)the restrictions that faced each side admirably.

I am enjoying this game so far!

Text:
Supply is ok for the Germans….but production is not. There in lies the difference for many game East Front games. Oil and red (armor) PP is all that matters at the moment. Too much to do and too little to do it with. Such is Hitlers hubris.

Not enough oil to get done what needs to be done. Each turn at the beginning you receive a set amount of PP of each type Oil/ Yellow(general), Red {armor} and Blue (air).

Heavy attacks in the Sth have limited success. AGC/AGN have more luck

Rebuilding HQ’s to full pips costs Yellow and …yes black. This reduces your available oil for usage So if I let the HQ’s (Luftwaffen and Pzr) get low in pips I can stall the payment.

But then I may miss an exploit opportunity. So At the moment I am letting hte Lufties slide to 1 pip, and keeping the panzers high while we got good weather. Plus the Germans must rebuild the Overall HQ to full strength EVERY turn, so that is at least one Oil used.

This turn I held all my Axis allies since I buggered up the opening. In the mean time we railed in reinforcements and rebuilt any armor losses (muhahaha). The Germans took a few risky attacks which were a little costly, of which some failed too.

Cut off!

However the deeper attacks with Air support, bombers AND Arty really tore holes in the Soviet lines. Such that Smolensk fell and between blitz hex moves and follow on Exploit (another 3 Oil), we now have a large swag of Soviets OOS, and we threaten Moscow.

Turn 3 for the Soviets will likely be costly in German losses and the Soviets counter to relieve. But better that than them deepening their defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent report and photos. Very exciting.
Please go on with it as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
GEEK! wow

That Panzer manouver is oustanding!

If I were Stalin, I should immediately ask for travel information to Vladivostock...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I borowed that from OCS play. Many games u can't do that because of zocs. But zocs work different here.
You do not trap as many but those u do...are dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I received my first OCS game a few days ago and I am very excited about the flesh and bones of this well-known system. (But this should not be discussed here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan, feel free to discuss it where you prefer.

I'm not jelous of other games and instead I'm very interested in the market (until it comes to games like scopa d'assi or bingo zombie)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know this, Emanuele. But it makes more sense and is pragmatically better to discuss OCS stuff in the OCS threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Mortifikator wrote:
Yes, I know this, Emanuele. But it makes more sense and is pragmatically better to discuss OCS stuff in the OCS threads.

Yes let us instead talk about the brave and stalwart Soviet Brothers who have linked arms to march into the sea......
Here they come!

P.S/ I forgot, I to do PP for tech levels for both sides at start.
So I am retro fitting that in. Soviets are going balls to the wall. Tech LEvel 2, and 2 x armor 2x air factories.
Axis want Tech level 3.... and Hyro and another armor...yikes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
oh, and as yellow towns are captured and factories with black circles, does this reduce the available production capacity for each side?
How is that tracked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.