Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the quest The Dawn Blade the DB (Dawn Blade) can be picked up for an action (by a hero/master/lieutenant) if it is not "carried". It isn't spelled out, but I assume they mean when the carrying hero is KO'd the Blade can be taken.

Does this mean that the is DB completely dropped when the carrier is KO'd? Or does the carrier recover it "for free" when they revive/stand-up as long as no-one else took it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, it's not very clear in the Quest Guide what happens to the Dawnblade when the figure carrying it is defeated, but here's how I would rule it: any figure carrying the Dawnblade drops it in his space if he is defeated, and when he Stands Up or is Revived, he would need to spend an additional action to pick it up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dawnblade, during that quest, is an objective token, and thus covered by "Carrying Objective Tokens" on page 15 of the rules.

Carrying Objective Tokens
"Certain quests allow heroes or monsters to pick up objective tokens.
Figures may pick up these objective tokens by performing a special
action while adjacent to or in the same space as the objective token. The
objective token is then placed on either the Hero sheet (if carried by a
hero) or on the monster figure’s base (if carried by a monster). While a
figure is carrying an objective token, no other figure can pick it up. A
figure can drop an objective token in an adjacent space by performing an
action. When a figure carrying an objective is defeated, place the token in
that figure’s space. It may now be picked up by another figure."

That being said, yes, if the carrier is knocked out, they drop it in their space. They would then have to use an action to pick it up at a later time (if it's still there to be picked up). Keep in mind, if Stand Up, that's the end of their turn, they can't pick it up on the same turn that they used the Stand Up action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sphären Wanderer
Germany
flag msg tools
Another question: Does Sir Alriuc Farrow carry the relic-card in addition to the token? If the answer is yes: what happenes to the relic card, when the heroes pick up the objective token? Do the heroes get the relic or just the token, while the relic stays in the overlords possession until the end of the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common sense is the whoever has the token for Arcite's Sword gets the Dawn/Dusk Blade (as appropriate to their side). Arcite's Sword is the DB, right? But maybe someone can show a reason common sense does not apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest Guide, page 23, Setup wrote:
As determined in Encounter 1, either Sir Alric Farrow carries the Duskblade or one of the heroes carries the Dawnblade. In addition to the Relic card, place a blue objective token under that figure -- the token represents the sword and should be placed under and figure currently carrying it.

Yes, the token represents the sword on the map, the Relic card lists it's abilities for the wielder.

Quest Guide, page 23, Special Rules wrote:
The blue objective token is the sword of Sir Arcite, variously known as the Duskblade or the Dawnblade.

As an action, a hero, master monster figure, or may pick up the Duskblade from an adjacent space, if it's not currently being carried. A master monster figure cannot wield the Duskblade, but as an action it may give the Duskblade to Sir Alric Farrow if he is in an adjacent space.

Whoever is carrying the sword (token) can wield the blade (gets the Relic card), with the exception of masters. They can only pass it to the boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people think about equipping the DB immediately as you pick it up? Spending a whole half-turn to retrieve the super sword - but then you can't use it seems... disappointing. But then I think those are the rules, so that's that I suppose.

Also an interesting thing - you cannot pass the DB in a move action (unlike plain old equipment cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
I guess if you pick up the DB you get to equip it immediately, contrary to the normal rules. If it's not wielded then do you pick it up without using your hands?

I'm not sure how that follows? The quest rules explain who can pick it up (masters, heroes, & Alric), and limits who can wield it (not masters). I don't see anything changing the equip rules. You generally will have items equipped in your hand slots when searching or picking up objective tokens. How do you pick up any items "without using your hands"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like my later edit and Triu are in agreement that my original 3:18 post was indefensible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.