Subject: Revisiting a (moldy) classic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to get a game of 1st ed Talisman recently with a friend who had never played it before but had heard how much fun the game was (mainly from me). I hadn't broken out the box in years and it showed as the box was a little moldy. Luckily, the contents were still in a playable state!

As it was his first game, I didn't break out any of the expansion boards but kept the Adventure and Spell cards (they were shuffled and integrated into the main deck anyway).

We dealt out a character card by random and he ended up with the Minotaur while I had the Witch Doctor.

The start of the game proceeded pretty much as you would expect with him following me around and, with his superior starting strength, beating me up to steal my items every chance he got.

However, a good period for me would soon see the tables turned. With some incredibly lucky rolls, I managed to get all 4 additional craft and strength from the pool of wisdom and strength and together with the man-at-arms and the mercenary, meant that I finally had the higher strength in combat. I promptly followed him around to get my gear back before finally heading off to get the Crown of Command.

As I made my way to the Inner Circle, he promptly realised what I was doing and immediately followed me up. I managed to get to the Crown of Command with plenty of time to spare. He was still 3 spaces behind me and only had 2 lives left. Unfortunately, I fluffed my rolls (getting three consecutive 3's!!!) while he managed to breeze through the werewolf (for whom he managed to roll a disgusting low strength of 5!).

In the end, it came down to a titanic battle in the center square between his minotaur and my witch doctor. Which, to be honest, is the way any epic Adventure should end.

As to the winner?

I did mention I had a higher strength didn't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.