BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Talisman 4ed as a party game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jan klimus
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys i need a game for a group of nongamers, all we play is Bang! which is fun but we really need something new. But i don´t want some easy no brain braindead party game. It has to be something with choices, decisions but it has to be easy to pick up and fast to play ( fast as in player rounds and no downtime).

Do you think that Talisman would be a good idea? Or do you have something else on your mind?

We allready got Citadels ( great game ), Carcasonne ( great game ), Prophecy ( great game, but too long and lots of downtime ), Ducks ( bad game )

Thank you guys for your ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Talisman a few times. If you're looking for a fast game of Talisman, you could check out the variants or just play with 2 players. But out of the box, Talisman is a long game. And about the only thing you can do when it's not your turn is wait to be attacked by another player's character.

I think there are other games that are a better fit for your preferences. Maybe Werewolf or The Resistance or Diamant if you're OK with something that's not strictly a boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it is easy to learn and a lot of fun, but not very fast if there are only new players. The players will need to read the description of each location and then, of each card they draw, clarify the meaning take the time to choose between various options, check within their equipment what they can use in a given situation etc.
Also, there are two features that are not so good for a party game:
- player elimination
- an often occurring risk of losing a turn or even several turns in a row
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.