3 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Power Too Great rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Adama
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If the FP player plays the card, "A Power Too Great" and the SP is already in Lorien laying siege to Lorien would the Shadow Player have to immediately move his army out of Lorien to an adjacent region?

The card "A Power Too Great" states "While this card is in play, the Shadow player cannot move an Army into or attack (either in normal battle or in a siege) Lorien, Rivendell or The Grey Havens."

My thought is if the SP player stays in Lorien then he would be continuing to lay siege, even if he did not attack, and would be going against the part of the card which states (either in normal battle or in a siege).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
While the Event Card is in play the Shadow player cannot move an Army into the mentioned regions.

A Shadow Army already in one of the mentioned regions can stay put (continuing to siege) but cannot attack the Stronghold in a siege battle.

No Shadow Army could move to reinforce a Shadow Army already inside one of the mentioned regions.

If a Shadow Army in one of the mentioned regions leave the region it cannot re-enter as long as the Event card is in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see the ruling as that's way I played it recently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.