Thumb up
2 Posts

Power Grid: The Robots» Forums » Rules

Subject: First City: Bidding Choice - When to bid? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Wlkp
flag msg tools
This question arose today, when used this for the first time. Manual states only, that the robot gets the money before starting to build his cities, however:

1. If this robot is - no doubts about it - we bid immediately, winner places first city since the robot is fort to place cities.

2. If this robot is not the :
A) we bid first, then earlier players places cities, then the robot
B) we bid just before the robot's turn

Today we played variant B, however this might be very strategic decision, especially, if the robot has high value power plant... In our case, my wife started with her cities and afterwards had only 1e, so I won the bid with 2e and made the robot block her effectively. If we played the variant A, she might have at least risen the bid, so my advantage is not that much significant.

Combined with "buy all cities" it might be even effective to bid all your money left, so the robots buy significant number of cities next to your opponents, slowing them down a lot.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
We coincidentally had that robot the last time we played a few nights ago.

We understood it to mean: at the time of the robot's turn to build his first city, we humans then bid for the right to say where the robot would build his first city. (So your option 2B.)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.