Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

If the jihad player is the last one to play a card during a turn, do plots resolve before the new turn begins?

This could end the game in quite a sudden way if the jihad manages to put a WMD plot in the US which the US player is entirely unable to do anything about.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
If US is out of cards, then yes, plots are resolved right after Jihadist turn. It's vitally important to not let Jihadist player get way ahead in cards just for this reason.

Don't forget as well that US can always hold their last card, so hold on to a 3ops card for Alert at least until the Jihadist player runs out of cards for the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kouba

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
5.2.3 says...

"5.2.3 Unblocked Plots. At the end of each US Action Phase (whether or not the US played any cards), resolve all Plots in any countries"

So, yeah, that's how I play it. If the US is out of cards, the Plots still get resolved. And yeah, that's a situation where the US can get stung, if they are out of ways to prevent the Plots.

(Just a minor thing, but when you say "last to play a card during a turn" do you mean during an Action Phase? A "turn" ends when both sides are out of cards. Plots are resolved after the US side of each Action Phase, and so this could happen several times during a turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. See the bold part below.

5.2.3 Unblocked Plots. At the end of each US Action Phase (whether
or not the US played any cards
), resolve all Plots in any countries
(8.5.6).

EDIT: Gads I'm slow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right!

Thank you all for your answers! This means that the US was devastated in an apocalyptic bombing though ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oolaa wrote:
All right!

Thank you all for your answers! This means that the US was devastated in an apocalyptic bombing though ...

Hey now! Quit blowing up my country
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell that to my opponent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.