Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received Punct for Christmas. Opening the sealed bags, I discovered that it looked like there was dirt in the niches of several of the pieces. This is more noticable with the white side. I tried cleaning them out, and thought it was working. I ended up soaking my pieces overnight in soapy water and then trying to clean them with a soft bristled brush. Several pieces still look dirty. Maybe they're stained?

Anyone else encounter dirty-looking pieces? Can you think of a better way to clean them. I'm a little hesitant to get too aggressive because I don't want to damage them or chip the paint from the punct spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, as I noted in this blog post:

http://ekted.blogspot.com/2005/12/games-have-arrived.html

Have you tried anything caustic or gritty yet (Comet)? I don't dare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, me too. Haven't tried cleaning them yet, though. I'll let you know if I find something that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not dirty. It's Punct juice on them. Go ahead and taste it. It kinda tastes like chicken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, but I am unfazed. I figure it's the unsightly yellow buildup of hand cheese from all the playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is actually bamboo dust, which remained from the production process. The washing process wasn't done long/well enough, so that the bamboo dust didn't get completely removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I soaked mine in very hot water and then used scouring powder and was able to scrub about 75% of the stain away.

I'd wait until the first run of 7000 copies is sold if you are two minds whether to buy.

Great game though. Possibly my second favourite in the series after DVONN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Haven't tried cleaning them yet, as I'm afraid the painted spot will be damaged if I do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much all of my white pieces have yellow rings in the recessess. Which leads me to assume all the blacks do to and I just can't see them because they're black.

Also, many of my straight pieces are bowed, meaning if i set them on the table, the middle nub rests on the table and the pieces teeters back and forth.

The wobblers, and all the pieces in general don't really fit together very stuggly on the board.

Overall, compared to the other beautifully made GIPF pieces, I say these are double thumbs down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.