Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Friday night, we planned to get some training for the future European Boardgames Championship for teams. Unfortunately, Solange (who will be our captain) didn't feel so well so we were only 3 of the team (Didier 'Boulou', Stavros and myself). But we were pleased to host two friends who like to play sometimes.

Gamers: Genevieve, Freddy, Stavros, Boulou, FredhoT

Being one of the four games of the European Championship, Boulou and Stavros were eager to learn and discover this nice Knizia game. Having played 2 games of this on recently, I was happy to explain the (easy) rules. I think the game becomes well-known now in the DIGers list. I'll only add that we five really enjoyed the game and especially the dutch-auction clock which resisted to the furious assaults of our bidding fists! As always with the Knizia designs you have plenty of possibilities but no time enough to do everything you'd like! So my choice went to the Settlements in the world, mainly due to the fact tha I was only able to grab these cards! I did well, earning valuable points in several opportunities, but rarely the first place! Stavros was lucky enough to get 4 times a ship card ("3X")which gave him a leadership in the market! Freddy tried to be the master of the Amsterdam areas, but it costed him far too much to be competitive! Genevieve did almost anything, just playing when it was free! And this position seemed to werk fairly well, because she won with at least 100,000 gulden more than Stavros. We wondered if it couldn't be a "small flaw" of this game: "to win, just wait"!

One more point: does anybody feel the need to use the loan (120,000)?

Anyway we all liked the game (no rating, but I'd say at least a 7.5 for everybody).

Scores: Genevieve 1,140,000 - Stavros 940,000 - FredhoT 930,000 - Boulou ??? - Freddy ???

Freddy had to leave soon (he worked the day after very early)! Of course, we wanted one more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.