Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first ever session report, but I had to tell everyone about this.

I attended SCARAB 2013 in Columbia, SC this weekend and took two copies of Loopin' Louie and ran a tournament on Saturday for part of their Board Game tournament. Here's how it went down (and then back up, spiraled around a few times and then dove back down again...):

Tournament level: I took and set up two copies with the 'wide paddle' option in place and called for any and all challengers to play in the tournament in as many four player games as could be created. Winners of this round was any person that was the last to still have chickens in their coop.

Semi-finals: The winners from Tournament level went to the semi-finals where they played with 'narrow paddle' option and all played against each other. Winners were determined in the 'last chicken still-cooped' method as above.

Finals: The top two of each semi-final game went to the finals. I took each set and broke it down to just one-on-one and put them next to one other but far enough apart that Louie wouldn't collide with himself on the other game. Each finalist was then required to play both games simultaneously and when the total of a player's both coops ever dropped to 3 chickens or less, the game was halted and the opposing player earned a point (this kept someone from just focusing on defending one coop). Each game was then reset back to full 6 chicken coops and a new round started. Play continued until one player had earned 5 points.

Results: 22 people played in the tournament total. 6 went to the semi-finals.

Roslyn Jordan and David Callahan, both of the Charleston, SC area went to to the finals and with BGG's own
United States
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
taking the first ever SCARAB Loopin' Louie tournament win with a 5-1 victory!

Hosting this was a ton of fun and will definitely be making a return visit for 2014!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
It was great fun Sean, I look forward to defending my title next year :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing to say except "what the heck?"... surprise
but you made me laugh - that's a win IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long did it take to run this tournament?

I am thinking to run a 16 player tournament in Feb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, didn't see this until I was reviewing for a prep for the tournament this year. It took about 30 minutes total, probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.