Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read on another site that some players are saying their copies of this game have hexgrids that are very hard to see. Is this the case with the entire print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are fine and under correct lighting and between the hex grids, numbers and a game play you shouldn't have any difficulty. The hardest place I find is where the trails go into the thick jungle mountains but again, after a game play, you will know the maps pretty well but take this with a grain of salt, as I am the designer. But really, I just ran through all 40 scenarios of the finished version with no problems at all and find the maps very pleasing to play on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Jay. This is good to know as this game has got my interest largely due the maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
larry marak
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The re-issue of the game will feature better contrast control on the printing of the maps. Gold club members were given the chance to purchase the new maps separately to upgrade their original map set. 2 of my 4 original maps were too dark to be used, so I'm looking forward to seeing the new maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sievers
United States
Wauconda
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a good cue to tell marsh hexes from swamp hexes? The black-and-white ID hexes on the back of the scenario book are difficult to tell apart. Is there a color or texture difference that might help me distinguish them from one another on the actual maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
larry marak
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
By the way, the second printing of the maps is has perfect brightness contrast. No problems interpreting terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.