Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Albanito
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got this game over Christmas. And reading the Marro Warriors brings up a question about their Water Clone ability.

If you have one that is dead and three left, can you have two of them move and attack and the other one clone, or does the entire action have to be them cloning, even if you only need one to do it. Additionally, can they move spaces and then clone (even if they don't attack) or do they have to remain in place for the cloning to take effect.

Thanks in advance. We are really enjoying this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
They either all clone or all attack. Don't recall if they can still move at this moment, but I believe they can.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question that I always forget:

Suppose you bring one of the Marros back on a high roll. Do you get to roll for that new Marro if there's still another dead Marro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Marro may move before they attack/clone.

Newly cloned marro may not do anything during the turn in which they were cloned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marros can clone after they move but not after attacking(the first & last sentence on the card clarifies this). If they are brought in on a successful cloning roll, they are not part of the current turn from what I understand, and are therefore not active until the next turn you take with them. Otherwise they could have an ongoing turn if you rolled well enough and this would bring imbalance to the game.
Have fun - I got this game a year ago too. I now own 3 master sets, all the exapansions, and much more. It's addicting!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Albanito
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Right. I understand that it's either clone or attack. What I am wondering is is you can have two attack and one clone? Or does the clone action apply to all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all or nothing. Same thing with the Airborne Elite Grenade Attack.

The whole squad must execute the same action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it is that if you use their special ability then they all use it. So no attack by half and clone by the other. I had the same question about the Airborne Elite using grenades and shooting and this is the answer I got through sources who quoted the game designers themselves. The only one I can recall that uses both attack/special attack is Grimnak - he can try to chomp and then attack if I remember the way his card reads correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimnak is the name of the orc riding the dinosaur. He can attack someone with his spear on the same turn that his dinosaur eats a small figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that clears that up - cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lew Baumstark
United States
Carrollton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Related question that I can't seem to find the answer to: can I clone additional Marro Warriors if all original four are still alive? Ie, can I have as many of them as I can manage to clone? (Say, if I had an extra Master Set with another 4 figures lying around being useless...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
flippy wrote:
Related question that I can't seem to find the answer to: can I clone additional Marro Warriors if all original four are still alive? Ie, can I have as many of them as I can manage to clone? (Say, if I had an extra Master Set with another 4 figures lying around being useless...)

No. The Marro squad is limited to four figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.