GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,875 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Italy

Subject: Two nights in Rome, one in Verona - anyone want to play with me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gamers in Rome and Verona,

I am planning to spend (regrettably only) two nights in Rome in May - Sunday the 5th and Monday the 6th - before heading back north (Verona on the 7th, then Bolzano, where I have friends). During the daytime, I will do the tourist thing, but since I am not someone who likes to go out alone in the evenings, I wondered if there are any gamers out there who might be interested in some gaming on one or more of those days? I play nearly anything (although I might not be the world's most enthusiastic wargamer). I don't speak Italian, unfortunately, but I know how to smile and I am not afraid of communicating with hands and feet.

If you are interested, leave a comment here (even if you don't know whether you will have free time on those days - I don't usually plan my life this far ahead, either). When the time comes nearer, I can contact you by geekmail then. If you know of gaming clubs where someone who cannot speak Italian is likely to find fellow gamers, you are also welcome to point me there. I saw this: http://www.asscivetta.it/intro.htm; but it is difficult to judge the place without speaking Italian. I might just check it out if there are no other options.

Thanks!

Hilko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
Hi gamers in Rome and Verona,

I am planning to spend (regrettably only) two nights in Rome in May - Sunday the 5th and Monday the 6th - before heading back north (Verona on the 7th, then Bolzano, where I have friends).
[. . .]
I saw this: http://www.asscivetta.it/intro.htm; but it is difficult to judge the place without speaking Italian. I might just check it out if there are no other options.

Thanks!

Hilko

May is far away and the association La Civetta is a possible place.

Ciao
Paolo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Paolo. I know it is far ahead (I just had to book my tickets early enough to get a reasonable deal), and if nobody knows just yet, I might just bump up this thread closer to the actual date. But as I said, I just want to check for general interest; noone has to make a commitment yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
Thanks, Paolo. I know it is far ahead (I just had to book my tickets early enough to get a reasonable deal), and if nobody knows just yet, I might just bump up this thread closer to the actual date. But as I said, I just want to check for general interest; none has to make a commitment yet.

I made no commitment, I just replied to give you more info.

Here are the shops.
Strategia e Tattica 2 in Via Massaciuccoli 78, nearest underground station Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano (blue Line). They have the space and organize gaming sessions sometimes even at evening.
Strategia Nova, the forme Strategia & Tattica, in Via Niso 54, nearest underground station Furio Camillo (orange line).
SoloGiochi in Via Catania 83, nearest underground station Piazza Bologna (blue Line).
Avalon Roma in Viale delle Milizie 86, nearest underground station Ottaviano (orange line).
For other things at your request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop by an e-mail as soon as you are here, we can arrange an evening of gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mostrojoe wrote:

Cool, Massimo - thanks for the offer! I will contact you a little bit before I leave and we can see if we can work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
mostrojoe wrote:

Cool, Massimo - thanks for the offer! I will contact you a little bit before I leave and we can see if we can work something out.
Besides the fact of sending to me too a geekmail to arrange a meeting, when you want advices on restaurants a not so well known places to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
HilkMAN wrote:
mostrojoe wrote:

Besides the fact of sending to me too a geekmail to arrange a meeting, when you want advices on restaurants a not so well known places to see.

Gladly, Paolo - thanks a lot! I have only one touristy thing that is a "must see" for me (Sant’Ignazio di Loyola in Campo Marzio), so I am definitely open to suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
Two nights in Rome, one in Verona - anyone want to play with me?

Easy there Hilko, this isn't that kind of forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bump this up now - I am still interested in gaming in Verona on the 7th of May, if anyone is up to it. If you are in Rome, contact me as well, if you want to, as there is no definite plan yet. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have, but I'll be still out for work.
In Verona you MUST visit this store....
http://www.igiochideigrandi.it/
...and you can paly there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, Ruben - I will try to check it out. I might not have terribly much time in the daytime, but we will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - La Civetta will be closed on those two days I am in Rome. Any other place that is open in the evenings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verona / Vicenza
I am in a similar situation as Hilko. I will be around Vicenza from ~19 June to ~1 July. I have made a note to visit the Verona store mentioned, but I would be happy to entertain any gaming group / environment that can handle an anglophone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterZiegler wrote:
Bella Italia. I miss you so much!

You can be back at your will.
If you like I can report you camping and so on at the North of Rome and any other interesting thing I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honor wrote:
I am in a similar situation as Hilko. I will be around Vicenza from ~19 June to ~1 July. I have made a note to visit the Verona store mentioned, but I would be happy to entertain any gaming group / environment that can handle an anglophone.

I picked up a leaflet in that store which led me to a gaming group outside Verona. I will write about my very cool trip as soon as I can (not before next week, though), and I will be happy to share some advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back home after my trip - if anyone is interested in what it was like, read my story:

To Italy for gaming - here's what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.