A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of you may have already seen the thread in the Hot Deals Europe forum. For a few days, Cthulhu Gloom was selling for £5.19 with free delivery on Amazon via IGUK (It normally retails at around £20 without delivery) Needless to say, it got a big reaction even putting Cthulhu Gloom among the top sellers on Amazon UK!

Well, days passed and then...

MIRACLE 1: IGUK's response...

Quote:
Just to clarify the position on orders placed for this product on our Amazon store. An error with a product barcode and the stock synchronization on Amazon, has resulted in IGUK listing Cthulhu Gloom on Amazon at the wrong price. We cannot stress enough that this was an honest error and while we will make a loss on each sale, we will honour all orders placed at the price paid, however, because stock is not available at our suppliers to fulfill all orders immediately, there will be a delay with some orders. A refund will be available to those customers who do not wish to wait for the restock. We apologise sincerely to customers affected by the delay and will keep them informed by email. Please contact us through your order on Amazon if you have any queries. Rob IGUK

MIRACLE 2: BGG members response...
See here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/915100/uk-cthulhu-gloom-card...

domus_ludorum wrote:
Rob - thanks for the update. I will be cancelling my order as I've no wish to profit by an independent retailers genuine mistake.

There's been enough remaindered stock sales at crazy prices recently for the possibility to have existed that this was a genuine sale but as it's not, never mind.

Now if it had been Tesco's or a large bank's mistake that would have been fair game.

ClarenceBeeks wrote:
Props to you for honouring the orders Rob but I'd feel bad taking advantage of a mistake. I've always had excellent service from IGUK so I'm happily cancelling my order.

Amazing. Lessons to be learned here folks and much inspiration to be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Knowing one of the BGG members you've quoted I'm not surprised he took such an honourable course. IGUK have always been great suppliers so I'm glad their customers have 'responded in kind'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having ordered C-Gloom due to the original BGG thread I now also feel honour bound to cancel my order, and have done so.

Wouldn't have done so if the seller was Amazon themselves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Knowing one of the BGG members you've quoted I'm not surprised he took such an honourable course.

They led the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I count nearly 30 people who say they've cancelled their orders! Each one would have been getting Cthulhu Gloom for about £10 less than it's now selling for, and nearly £15 below RRP -- and postage was included in that!

This could have cost IGUK a lot of money. As it is, they hopefully won't lose too much. And by offering to honour all those orders, they've earned a lot of good will. I'd never bought anything from them before, but will definitely be buying from them in the near future. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.