Matthew Langston
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
On January 10th I ordered three packs of sleeves (confirmed the charge with my bank account). Around the 14th or 15th one pack came in via USPS. I emailed support the next day, and have emailed again since, but have not received any type of response.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? Is there any other way to communicate with them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
badge
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
mbmbmbmbmb
theblang wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Not more than a bazillion or so. Some have been worse, far worse.

theblang wrote:
Is there any other way to communicate with them?

You've just done it. Posting publicly gets results from Mayday, because they want to look good for other potential customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Langston
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
That is a shame. I have recently thought about sleeving all of my games (still on the fence). Are there any alternatives to Mayday? It seems like people really like their sleeves, but I definitely won't deal with them anymore if it is going to be like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theblang wrote:
It seems like people really like their sleeves

Except for the OPs in the many, many, many threads about how the sleeves are terrible, don't fit, are different sizes, etc.

(...but there are always responses from people who do like the sleeves)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zuccarelli
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a bunch of sleeves from Fantasy Flight to sleeve my Lord of the Rings LCG stuff and so far am very impressed and pleased.

They won't get TONS of wear and tear, but since I keep changing up the decks I wanted them to look uniform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought many MayDay sleeves and have been pleased. But I would never buy anything directly from MayDay, always going with an OLGS.

The company has far too many complaints here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
badge
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
mbmbmbmbmb
theblang wrote:
That is a shame. I have recently thought about sleeving all of my games (still on the fence). Are there any alternatives to Mayday? It seems like people really like their sleeves, but I definitely won't deal with them anymore if it is going to be like this.

Here's an easy way to research the history here for yourself:

1) Hover your cursor over the Forums pull down menu in the dark blue section at the top of the page.

2) Click Search (third item in that menu, left column)

3) In the form presented, type "Mayday" in the box next to Keywords Search

4) Open the pulldown menu for Search in Forum, and select Discussing Retailers

5) For Search Within, select Subject Only

6) Click the Submit button

That will give you 50 pages of hits. Browse around a few minutes and you'll learn everything you need to know. (Some of it is fascinating, in a downright weird kind of way.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, we opened our threads within 20 minutes from eachother.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/918644/mayday-games-supp...

I hope someone from MayDay will reply soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Perth Airport
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday have an appalling reputation for dealing with customer service issues, and these forums are full of instances just like this.

Their web site ludicrously proclaims "100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" but, even allowing for the fact that it's the unhappy customers who make the most noise, I suspect there are very few people here who would say they have seen evidence of that claim.

My complaints, which are particularly frustrating as an international customer:
- they email a shipping notice when they lodge the advice with USPS, not when they send the order;
- they will hold an order because part of it is not in stock, but they will not tell you this;
- they mark orders as "complete" when there are outstanding parts of the order; and
- their web site is rarely accurate with the state of stock levels or the date for re-supply.

So my advice, born of multiple experiences, is always pay for Mayday orders using Paypal and, as soon as you have an issue that doesn't get a response, raise a Paypal dispute. Somehow this always seems to entice a reply within 24 hours...

Although I do have to tell you, when I did this with my current order (which has been outstanding since November, even though my account shows the order is shipped "complete"), the first response I received (almost immediately) was: "Please close your Paypal dispute so that we can process your refund."
This weekend I will reach the Paypal time limit for escalating a dispute to a claim, but my order still hasn't been fulfilled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also appear to have issues with getting orders right.

I've order from them twice and both times they screwed up my order. Though they fixed the issue within a week or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,

I just emailed you directly and we will have those missing 2 packs of sleeves out to you ASAP. You are right, your initial order arrived quickly but Sarah put you down for one pack instead of 3 on the label which caused the problem. Your support ticket was open for 9 days which is unacceptable. I just checked and the oldest ticket we have open has had activity on them within the last 3 days now, still not good but better.

Sarah has some more help and Christine should be able to reply to all support tickets within 24 hours now. We are sorry for the error and the delay on our part.

Anyone else with problems please open a support ticket or email to maydaygames@gmail.com and we will get you taken care of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Griep
United States
North Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I've bought many MayDay sleeves and have been pleased. But I would never buy anything directly from MayDay, always going with an OLGS.

The company has far too many complaints here on BGG.

I have the same sentiment on the sleeves; always been very pleased. On direct from Mayday, I've never had any problems when ordering from them, and when there is a sleeve variance in a pack, Mayday has responded quickly.

I am quite comfortable giving Mayday my business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Matt,

I just emailed you directly and we will have those missing 2 packs of sleeves out to you ASAP. You are right, your initial order arrived quickly but Sarah put you down for one pack instead of 3 on the label which caused the problem. Your support ticket was open for 9 days which is unacceptable. I just checked and the oldest ticket we have open has had activity on them within the last 3 days now, still not good but better.

Sarah has some more help and Christine should be able to reply to all support tickets within 24 hours now. We are sorry for the error and the delay on our part.

Anyone else with problems please open a support ticket or email to maydaygames@gmail.com and we will get you taken care of!

Where are the Std. USA sized sleeves and the Chimera sized sleeves. I've had an order in since right after Christmas???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

but Sarah put you down for one pack instead of 3 on the label which caused the problem.

OH that's right blame Sarah,not a very professional way to treat your staff. A far better way to explain might have been

" I am sorry Matt but there was some discrepancy with the labeling - entirely our problem and one that has been rectified, be assured the rest of your item will be posted today along with a bonus pack of sleeves."

now thats how you treat your customers AND your staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

I did a week ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Langston
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
maydaygames wrote:
Matt,

Thanks Seth. The sleeves came in last week. I had a chance to play with them this past weekend. The feel is great and they fit perfectly. I really like them a lot! I had previously been on the fence about sleeving but I think I have been converted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Venters
United States
Evergreen
Colorado
flag msg tools
If you want to sing out...
badge
Music is the sound of human emotion
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed my order January 5th (at which time they charged my card) and haven't received mine. Since then I've sent several queries via their Contact Us page and got response from a "Sarah" about 2 days later saying my order will probably be shipped "next week". Obviously this didn't happen.

Currently, their website states "Shipping Update: Our warehouse has shipped all orders through January 29th. Thank you for your patience."

I don't buy it. I've asked to cancel the order and a refund (which they never should have taken without the products to send me). If I don't get it with in 48 hours, I guess I have to call my bank and submit it as fraud.

Never again Mayday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.