Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are a gazillion threads about MayDay Games on here, but I just wanna know: How long does it take MayDay Games to take a support request into process? I got a pre-order out for a couple packs of their sleeves, and wanted to change the shipping address. Sent them the request on Jan 17. But up until this point the status is "This request is awaiting assignment to a help desk operator".

I just want them to ship the sleeves to the right address so I hope they even read my request before they are sent.

Also I would love to know when the pre-order items (USA Chimera Premium and Std. USA) will be ready to ship. The site said early Jan 2013 for one and Dec 2012 for the other. Seeing we are reaching the end on Jan now and my games need sleeving...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan D
United Kingdom
Nailsea
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unless you start messaging them on here.. expect to hear from mayday in the year 2000 and never.

TBH im not quite sure how they are not having bigger problems with people not buying from them with their CS problems...

I mean problems in my experience usually get solved.. but it takes a LONG time for this to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know the stories. The only reason I'm ordering directly from them is because I need a pack of "Magnum Gold" sleeves (the really big sleeves for Dixit, and in my case the big cards in Flash Point). Unfortunately I can't find them at other places or other manufacturers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far, they've responded to me within about 2 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
Yeah, I know the stories. The only reason I'm ordering directly from them is because I need a pack of "Magnum Gold" sleeves (the really big sleeves for Dixit, and in my case the big cards in Flash Point). Unfortunately I can't find them at other places or other manufacturers.

http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=23...

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:

Tom
Thanks for the heads up Tom! I hope MayDay will respond, but if they fail I will turn to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:

Tom
Thanks for the heads up Tom! I hope MayDay will respond, but if they fail I will turn to you.

I'll be waiting for your order

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, I've been waiting for the Std. USA and the Chimera sized cards to come back into stock since right after christmas. Every time I contact them they say "they are coming in this week" and they never do. I sent a message to Mayday thru BGG about it and have yet to hear about it. I should have listened to everyone here, but nooooooooooo, I was going to have a better experience. WRONG! There is no good experience through Mayday and good luck if you do get a response, it will probably be a flat out lie. If those sleeves ever come back in stock and ship to me it will be a friggin' miracle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take the average life span of an ant (in days), multiply this by the number of poor customer service posts against MayDay, divide that by the number of positive customer service posts for MayDay.

That should give you a rough estimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order with Mayday last October, got notification of shipping on Dec. 20, and still haven't received anything in the mail. I also have had no responses from the company Support. As far as I can tell a label got printed somewhere but nothing has been actually shipped, but apparently my concerns haven't be prioritized to the point where I get any information.

My point to the story is, is that I wouldn't count on the customer support (at least, through their email or company website) for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it seems they are responding in an other thread so I replied there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek: Mayday's Customer Support Line.

Vargen666 wrote:
Well, it seems they are responding in an other thread so I replied there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some jokes from Mayday.com. Some of the emphasis is mine.

Satisfaction Guaranteed!

thumbsup Customer service isn't a game. We take care of you fast so you can get back to having fun!

thumbsup Satisfaction Guaranteed! We stand behind our products 100%.

I'd like to talk to someone on the phone. Can I call you?

At this time, we only provide "support" via email. We have several customer service agents, and email is the only way that we can monitor incoming support requests. You can contact us using the form below and one of us will reply .

I received my product, and some items are damaged or missing. What shall I do?

Please contact us using the form below, and we will be happy to send you "replacements".

I ordered FedEx Shipping, but my item was shipped via USPS. Why?

We manually screen each shipment to ensure that your items are delivered as quickly as possible. As such, sometimes orders are "upgraded" to USPS Priority or First Class Mail. On average, this "upgrade" cuts delivery time in half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmb
I'm having the exact same problem. They took my pre-order on 1/4, they gave me a shipping number to track on 1/8, they updated their site to say the item was in stock on 1/18 and as of today, have not shipped my items.
So I put in a ticket asking what was going on, its been two and a half days and they haven't responded. I'm just now reading all the posts on here about problems people have experienced,wish I'd paid attention earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mad Hatter
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday has a support desk???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they have a form on their website to fill out. But it doesn't appear to end up on anybody's desk.

I'll give them until tuesday, then I'll file a dispute with PayPal. Normally I would never do this, but given the reputation of this company as seen in other people's posts I'll do it rather now than wait even longer without knowing what will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmb
Two hours after posting here I got an email from them. They told me the sleeves had just gotten back in stock (just gotten back = a week apparently) and that they were backlogged with orders. they told me they would be caught up by the end of next week (2/1) and I would have my sleeves soon.
I kind of hope they do get shipped on 2/1, that way I can advise anyone else who ever asks about them about their 1 month turn around on products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a reply from them on saturday that they were getting a lot of orders at the moment, and that's why it is taking so long to get back to people. Apparently they now have two people processing requests and orders there and they were apparently working through saturday. They also told me I should get a reply to me original request within 24 hours. I never got one though, and it doesn't surprise me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkufahl wrote:
I placed an order with Mayday last October, got notification of shipping on Dec. 20, and still haven't received anything in the mail. I also have had no responses from the company Support. As far as I can tell a label got printed somewhere but nothing has been actually shipped, but apparently my concerns haven't be prioritized to the point where I get any information.

My point to the story is, is that I wouldn't count on the customer support (at least, through their email or company website) for answers.

Update ... package received!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkufahl wrote:
pkufahl wrote:

*Sigh*
Still waiting for my card sleeves...
I was told by Seth they would be here this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerTaco wrote:
pkufahl wrote:
pkufahl wrote:

*Sigh*
Still waiting for my card sleeves...
I was told by Seth they would be here this week.

Aww, don't feel sad. The week's not over yet!
Here, in the meantime, have this. I promise, by the time you're done reading it, you'll feel right as rain.
Is Mayday really that bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still didn't get a reply e-mail. The problem is, they give me an incentive by saying they would reply, thus holding me back from filing a paypal dispute. But in the end I still got nothing.

Someone said they would get their stock in on February 1? I will give them until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmb
I posted much of this earlier, but for those folks still unclear about the response times from Mayday, here's the timeline of my order:

1/4 - Pre-ordered 15 packs of sleeves. Site anticipates restock in "early January" My credit card is charged for full amount of purchase.
1/8 - Email from Mayday with a tracking number and informing me the tracking number will be updated when the item ships.
1/18 - Mayday updates their site stating the sleeves are back "In Stock"
1/23 - Send a request for update to their service desk.
1/25 - Post on this thread that it has been 48 hours and no response. an answer comes an hour later. They state that orders are backed up, thank me for my patience and that my order will be shipped within a week tops.
1/31 - USPS continues to state that they have not received a package with the shipping number i provided. I reactivate ticket requesting item ship by 2/1 or they issue a refund.

I certainly understand pre-orders take time to come in and get organized, but when you send me a shipping number and the item still has not shipped after two week of being in stock there is something wrong. I can honestly say I would rather buy new cards in the future than deal with this company again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious: Which type of sleeves did you order that you saw coming back in stock on 1/18?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmb
The 7028 Euro sleeves. Its right on the product description (link)that they are back in stock as of the 18th.

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-59-92-mm-100-pack-euro.h...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.