United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be some sort of fruity European kickball you're referring to?

I'm making a wild guess since your post doesn't make any sense at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had more time, I'd be following the Premiership. I think it's been evident for quite a while that things were going United's way, but it was pretty impressive (I thought) that City has been having such a good year. I watched a Reading game a few weeks ago...I thought with Arsenal...and so am not surprised to see they've finished so poorly. What complete garbage that match was.

Anyhoo. Um. I kind of miss following it. On the rare occasion I remember *and* there's a game being broadcast online, I generally enjoy listening to it and occasionally catching a nice play, or a horribly embarrassing blunder of epic proportion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
MungSu wrote:
Would this be some sort of fruity European kickball you're referring to?

I'm making a wild guess since your post doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes just as much sense as any conversation about baseball or basketball I've ever heard. So, yeah—you're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
tscook wrote:
This should be about a real sport, like hockey.

Hockey is just an excuse for a fight.

Plus, REAL games don't use 'pucks'. 'Pucks' are found in men's urinals, NOT in sports.

-George Carlin

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tscook wrote:

CRAP!!

You and I actually agree about something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Darilian wrote:
tscook wrote:

Darilian

Then you want to go play hockey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't this thread be in chit-chat or are you looking to start a fight over the whether american football is better than european football (aka soccer)... because seriously, the only sport more boring than soccer is baseball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:

Why is it that people always pit Hockey vs. Soccer (Football)? My 2 favorite sports in the whole world! What am I supposed to do, argue with myself?

As to the OP, I can't, in good faith, send good vibes your way for QPR. In doing so it may endanger the hopes of keeping Norwich City up for another year. Given the dreadful display against Liverpool on the weekend, the Canaries are going to need all the help they can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
tscook wrote:

Plus, REAL games don't use 'pucks'. 'Pucks' are found in men's urinals, NOT in sports.

-George Carlin

Darilian

Better not say that to a hockey player. He'll beat the shit out of you. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:

You've got Grant Holt! What could possibly go wrong?

I've uttered those words far too often in the course of being an NCFC supporter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Shouldn't this thread be in chit-chat or are you looking to start a fight over the whether american football is better than european football (aka soccer)... because seriously, the only sport more boring than soccer is baseball.

Baseball! How about Cricket? There's an exciting, edge of your seat sport. For the gods' sake, a game of Test Cricket takes 5 days. FIVE DAYS! Paint drys faster than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
MungSu wrote:
sfox wrote:

Baseball! How about Cricket? There's an exciting, edge of your seat sport. For the gods' sake, a game of Test Cricket takes 5 days. FIVE DAYS! Paint drys faster than that.

Five days allows it to have a proper ebb and flow, contests of skill and stamina which you just don't get in any other sport.

Watching a day long rearguard to deny the worlds finest fast bowling attack, having it come down to the worlds best player delivering the last 6 balls of the match, to another bowler who is batting last for his team and desperately trying to stay in to avoid defeat, is one of the great sporting experiences.

Of course, if brevity is your thing you could just watch T20. That takes a couple of hours and is extremely popular.

Any sport which has rules regarding 'tea time' is ridiculous. Did they playtest this at all???

Although, I think some board games ought to have rules for taking breaks.... Like Rolling Stock or 18xx...

"Breaks should occur after the 4th, 7th, and every 3rd operating round afterwards."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some endurance test! If it doesn't end with all the players passed out, it isn't about endurance.

Actually I like the idea of Cricket, but I've never gotten to see a match.

Although, I heard somewhere that Cricket players have one of the highest suicide rates of any group. I guess that happens when some players can score huge numbers while other players end up with 0 because they got out on the first bowl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Well, my Hammers gave you a draw 4 days ago, so you're welcome for that.
QPR still sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.