Hide
6 Posts

Diplomacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cutting support issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Warrior
msg tools
Can you cut support to someone else while being attacked (by a different player, from a different territory)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unbeliever wrote:
yes
Yes.

First, your unit takes care of it's own duties (cutting the support), then it checks to see what's going on with others around it ("wow, now we're being attacked by the Turk!". At least, that's how I like to think about it, that keeps it in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is why I tend to try to cut supports rather than provide them. Better odds usually of success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Warrior
msg tools
Thanks to all for your prompt replies, it was very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One small point: a unit can't cut a support that is being used to attack it.

For example, A supports B to move to C, D moves to A => support is cut. But if A supports B to move to C, and C moves to A, the support is NOT cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.