Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Heitman
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
I understand that a VP card's ability must be used immediately on purchase as a one time thing. However:

The rule book lists multiple abilities for the VP cards. Not all of these are actually called out on the cards themselves. So which of these is correct:

1) Only the ability printed on the card should be used
2) Pick one of the abilities corresponding to the VP card as written in the rule book
3) Use all of the abilities corresponding to the VP card as written in the rule book

Otherwise a very fun game. Just need to make sure I'm playing it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IF I understand you correctly, those are just for reference in the book. You would always use the ability that is printed on the VP card that you have claimed by turning in your completed guild chapters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Heitman
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Nah...not as simple as that. The rule book lists more than one ability for the same VP card.

For instance:

3-point:
-Swap 1 card from your guildhall with 2 cards from opponent guildhall
-Place any cards from hand into guildhall

The card shows the swapping but says nothing about playing cards from the hand. So can you do both? Pick one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No those are just telling you each type of ability that CAN show up on that particular cost VP card. Each card should only have one of those abilities printed on it, and that's the action you can take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Heitman
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Oh oh oh....GOTCHA.

Knew I was missing something. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.