• [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not there, take a guess and make a no-elo game with the mention ''want to learn'', this way you could get some help. The cards part is pretty easy if already know this kind of games, it's more about timing, dice and seasons you need to learn. And even there, it's not that hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Gelven
Australia
Morphett Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my user name on BGA is gelvo, if you find me online at the same time as you, I'll be up for a game.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is great on BGA but MAN it can be BORING there too...sometimes I have to wait 5 minutes for a player to make ONE move! YAWN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FatOs Bob
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you have to understand that some ppl like to think about their moves before making them. That attitude has pissed many players away from BGA. If you love fast paced go play some Call of Duty, this is board game and it needs some brain and some analysis. Just use that time to think about your own move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fat0s wrote:
Well, you have to understand that some ppl like to think about their moves before making them. That attitude has pissed many players away from BGA. If you love fast paced go play some Call of Duty, this is board game and it needs some brain and some analysis. Just use that time to think about your own move...

No dude, 5 minutes is way too long! I don't personally have the patience for a 90 minute 2 player Seasons game, do you? Sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute just for the opponent to choose his die! I don't want to play Call of Duty, as you suggest so nonsensically. I want to play a "fast" game of Seasons, and when I create a table that table is labeled as "fast," so no excuses. I don't mind giving an opponent some time to think...but hurry up and choose your darn die when it is my turn to play first...speed it along a bit...and I personally don't need more than a couple seconds to plan my move (and I win more often than not)...you are talking about Seasons here, not Dominant Species...this game is brilliant but it doesn't take any analysis...just hurry along when you summon the Potion of Knowledge, for example, and choose your elements! I am only playing the basic setup so far...so the card combos are obvious and don't require uch thought for an experienced player...But I don't complain when I play online that you are slow, I just sit there bored out of my mind, so my opinion shouldn't matter to you at all! I am just warning the poster that he might have long waits between turns every so often. A little common etiquette at BGA would be nice too: let the other player know when you are going to step away from the computer and let us know if you are a newb...I am happy to help a new player! No excuses if you have played 200 games and you need a fricking minute to play a three card combo!

There is a LOT of downtime in this game due to the card combos...I don't feel it so greatly when I play in person...but online is a different story...when you have to wait for a slow player to combo 5-6 cards, and he does so at a glacial pace, things really start to drag!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.