Hide
6 Posts

Thunderbolt Apache Leader» Forums » General

Subject: This or Hornet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Im getting either this Hornet Carrier. Can someone give a comparison with some pros and cons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was talked about a week or so ago. Check out this thread, about halfway down there's some great info:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/913278/is-there-enough-varie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My easy answer .. get both, our customers enjoy both of them and we have both at very good pricing. The quality of the components is outstanding and they are very re-playable with a lot of different tactical options.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
My easy answer .. get both, our customers enjoy both of them and we have both at very good pricing. ;) The quality of the components is outstanding and they are very re-playable with a lot of different tactical options.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations

I'll second buying both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WORELOF PENDRAGON
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TAL and HLACO share similar mechanics, but are 2 diffrent games.I do agree if the themes intrest you .That you cant go wrong with both.I know I didnt lol, and i have 0 regrets.If you want a game with more of a chess like feel.Were your movements matter very much.and a more realistic simulation of running a squadron.Then get TAL.Bear in mind that this is going to be more of a ground assault focused game.Being the majority of targets are ground based.If you want a game that is like a Top Gun experience.Were you too can fly into the danger zone!And take out boogies with your good old hot shot pilot buddies.Then HLACO is the choice for you.I think both offer the same amount of replay, and you do get alot of bang for your buck!Offering the same amount of quality too.I wish the series would come out with a tank leader.....but that my friend is for another forum lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 251553. w0relof
  • 1d12 =
  • (8) =
  • Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It may help if you don't think of it as "which should I buy," but as "which should I buy *first*." There is no wrong answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.