Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Well, its been 3 months since an update that didnt involve Up Front. So, are we on track for a March release (yeah, I know...lol)? How are things coming along?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
I had kinda forgotten about this. Yeah, 3 months is a long time for any news. I don't think D-Day Dice had such a long update drought. Lets hope you're right, that no news is good news. Although, I do have to say I never expected a March release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
This got posted in the "Comments" section on the kickstarter page a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
Emmanuel has experienced some personal issues recently. We have much of the art laid out and ready to go to the printer. The figures are being manufactured now. Ship date will likely be in April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Jenssen
Norway
Lillehammer
Oppland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well it would be nice to know that with an update. If the man's having issues is alright, it happens to all of us, whatever it is. But he can't just abandon a project like this, when people have donated over $100.000 to this project. It's bad business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJenssen wrote:
Well it would be nice to know that with an update. If the man's having issues is alright, it happens to all of us, whatever it is. But he can't just abandon a project like this, when people have donated over $100.000 to this project. It's bad business.

Why would you think that the project is being abandoned? It's already been announced that there are some personal issues he's going through, so why not just be patient and not add any more stress to his life.

The release date is March and dates like that are really a best case scenario. If we don't hear a peep by the end of March, I agree it's time to request an update, but until then and especially considering the news we know, patience would be best in my opinion.

Also, keep in mind that Kickstarter dates are always optimistic and game production always hits delays so personally I pad every date by at least two months as a standard. Maybe that's why it's easy for me to be patient as I've never expected the game to deliver in March. If it does, I'm surprised and happy as heck. If it doesn't, big deal, I have a ton of games I can play and it will arrive when it arrives.

My two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Wilhelm
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it is important to be patient and I wish the best to Emmanuel with whatever personal issues he is facing.

However, a couple things need to be kept in mind by the project team for AIYB...

All of us who have backed this project, have already paid our money and some of us have paid in a good chunk of change. The project team owes their backers updates as we are their paying customers. The project team is made up of more people than Emmanuel. Therefore someone like Rik Falch getting on Kickstarter and posting some updates on the progress is not asking too much, in fact it should be expected.

Yes delays should be expected as well, but also should be communicated to those who have given up the hard earned money. If it is delayed for a few months or whatever, fine. Let us know. It will arrive when it arrives, nothing we can do about that. But not to expect updates on the project is out of the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
kdw3 wrote:
I agree it is important to be patient and I wish the best to Emmanuel with whatever personal issues he is facing.

However, a couple things need to be kept in mind by the project team for AIYB...

All of us who have backed this project, have already paid our money and some of us have paid in a good chunk of change. The project team owes their backers updates as we are their paying customers. The project team is made up of more people than Emmanuel. Therefore someone like Rik Falch getting on Kickstarter and posting some updates on the progress is not asking too much, in fact it should be expected.

Yes delays should be expected as well, but also should be communicated to those who have given up the hard earned money. If it is delayed for a few months or whatever, fine. Let us know. It will arrive when it arrives, nothing we can do about that. But not to expect updates on the project is out of the question.

Very nicely put. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Grieves
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also rather upsetting that Rik Falch has been on the Kickstarter page for Up Front give all kinds of feed back recently (which was funded well after AIYP - almost 4 months after). Yet nothing since Jan 10 2013 for AIYP... A quick "Hey, sorry for the lack of updates but we've been really busy handling AIYP and Up Front, we're swamped etc" would have been nice.

I saw something he posted on Kickstarter about them learning from AIYP and D-Day Dice that backers move A LOT so maybe they're having some delays trying to make sure everyone's address is correct before mailing out the kickstarter promo's and the game. That's fine if that's the case. In fact that's great service to ensure there are no errors when they ship their product. Just give us an update please...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Jenssen
Norway
Lillehammer
Oppland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kdw3 wrote:

Thank you, I was starting to wonder if I was the only sane person in here for a little bit.

I took part in the Gunship: First Strike campaign. They had a good bunch of issues, delays and such. I have NO problem with delays. But then I would like to be INFORMED about that. I would like to be informed about ANYTHING, at least. But we haven't gotten a single AYIP-related update for FOUR MONTHS on the Kickstarter campaign. FOUR months. It would take an ignorant, a fanboy or a delusional person to accept this kind of customer treatment (or lack thereof).

Once I finally get my game, I seriously doubt I will back another project by these guys. I know they've done projects in the past, with great success. But I simply cannot accept this kind of bad business practice. I plunged down $150 plus shipping, and many others pledged even more. Can we please at least know what is going on, please? Can we get an estimate? Can we know which decade they will be releasing, at least?

YES, I am frustrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJenssen wrote:
But we haven't gotten a single AYIP-related update for FOUR MONTHS on the Kickstarter campaign. FOUR months. It would take an ignorant, a fanboy or a delusional person to accept this kind of customer treatment (or lack thereof).

This is especially irritating because there have been two updates since October, but they were announcements for Up Front. Also, Valley Games has been regularly updating Up Front. I really don't understand how Valley Games thinks this is appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:
MrJenssen wrote:
But we haven't gotten a single AYIP-related update for FOUR MONTHS on the Kickstarter campaign. FOUR months. It would take an ignorant, a fanboy or a delusional person to accept this kind of customer treatment (or lack thereof).

This is especially irritating because there have been two updates since October, but they were announcements for Up Front. Also, Valley Games has been regularly updating Up Front. I really don't understand how Valley Games thinks this is appropriate.

Just curious, has anyone written Valley Games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Perhaps this is the reason there has been no communication:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/941553/what-does-this-mean-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. It was initially stated that the Kickstarter projects would not be affected by the lawsuit, but now that appears not to be true.

There have been many attempts to get information from Valley Games through the comments section on the Kickstarter page, but I'm not sure if anyone has sent them a message. I just did, so we'll see if anyone responds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not good at law and "legal stuff" but this seems not to be that good. I backed AIYP and UF, so I only can hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Well, from what I can gather, some people who are active on this site have much more involved than I do in all of this. Some livelihoods are at stake, and I suppose if they wanted to discuss it, they would be. I don't pretend to understand the whole situation, so all I can do is wait until someone spoonfeeds me the bottom line.

Emmanuel seems to be suffering some kind of crisis, and so has been otherwise engaged. I hope he is victorious with whatever he is facing. The Valley vs Radiant discussion was brought up when Up Front was kickstarting, and it was generally frowned upon to discuss the legalities of it all by the community here.

I am healthy. I have a couple of good jobs, and a steady income. I have a loving family and a warm bed. I will not complain too much about my small personal stake in this story.

That being said, at some point, someone has to be held responsible for the 400K in investments/preorders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with you Brian, I just think many of us want an update. Any kind of update will be fine, but at least something to tell backers that they didn't forget about the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
Well, from what I can gather, some people who are active on this site have much more involved than I do in all of this. Some livelihoods are at stake, and I suppose if they wanted to discuss it, they would be. I don't pretend to understand the whole situation, so all I can do is wait until someone spoonfeeds me the bottom line.

Emmanuel seems to be suffering some kind of crisis, and so has been otherwise engaged. I hope he is victorious with whatever he is facing. The Valley vs Radiant discussion was brought up when Up Front was kickstarting, and it was generally frowned upon to discuss the legalities of it all by the community here.

I am healthy. I have a couple of good jobs, and a steady income. I have a loving family and a warm bed. I will not complain too much about my small personal stake in this story.

That being said, at some point, someone has to be held responsible for the 400K in investments/preorders

This is a "healthy" point of view, Brian. I totaly agree with you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Jenssen
Norway
Lillehammer
Oppland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally, an update!

Quote:
Hello everyone, and sorry for the long silence. We realize this is LONG overdue but unfortunately, until we had something concrete to say we didn't really want to say anything. In hindsight, maybe not the best idea :-)

Anyways, Emmanuel has have some serious personal issues to deal with as of late and artwork was coming in slower than we would have liked as well as some last rules tweakes. However, it appears he is back in the saddle now finally with nothing but focus for Airborne In Your Pocket and the last items we were waiting for should be finished very shortly.

Emmanuel will also be posting an apology shortly to all of you.

I will post the Spades rulebook and the final tile sets shortly here.

Thank you .

It's not much, but it's something. This is what we should've got three months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad M
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm still concerned for the project. I'm crossing my fingers it eventually comes. The more I read about it the more worried I get. I think it is best for me to just stay away from the kickstart page and this forum for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm haven't followed all the details about the lawsuit, but it's not really useful to get stressed out about it. For now I'll just hope for Emmanuel to get back into things and for the artwork to be completed. Waiting a few more months for KS project is quite the norm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Luds wrote:
Waiting a few more months for KS project is quite the norm.

While I think that nothing about these projects is "the norm", I do agree there's no point in worrying. Best just to wait and see how it turns out and deal with it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
the1jugg wrote:
Luds wrote:
Waiting a few more months for KS project is quite the norm.

While I think that nothing about these projects is "the norm", I do agree there's no point in worrying. Best just to wait and see how it turns out and deal with it then.

Woah! 23 months later.... still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.