Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Storch
United States
Bedford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to introduce my son to wargaming, we played Sirocco last night. I used to play it with my brother all the time back in the 80's, so I knew it's be easy for my son to learn. During play, my son was forced to retreat, but his retreat would have taken him off the board. I allowed him to retreat one space rather than the two because it was his first time. I was inclined to tell him his unit was "dead" for "failure to rout." The ASL'er in me was screaming for it, in fact.

So, what's the rule if a retreat forces you off the board? Is the unit eliminated or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p.4

"If the combat ends in a tie the piece being attacked must move two spaces toward its own side of the board. Normal movement restrictions apply. It can enter but not end its retreat in a space occupied by a friendly piece. If a piece can not end its move in any of the three spaces that it can reach this way it is removed from the board and placed in the box."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.