Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not a woodworker by any means, so that option is "out"...what i'm looking for are trays (plastic, wood, cardboard) that will hold the sleeved cards (lg and small, diff trays) by the side of the board...

these are something that i would be able to use for many games, but have just never bothered to look into it...for me, once cards are sleeved they simply do not stack well; they're slipping/sliding all over the place...so i'm just looking for something(s) that will hold them in place and be near the board...in a perfect world each "tray" would have 2 compartments (allowing for both a draw and discard pile)...

any ideas??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i'm not a woodworker by any means, so that option is "out"...what i'm looking for are trays (plastic, wood, cardboard) that will hold the sleeved cards (lg and small, diff trays) by the side of the board...

these are something that i would be able to use for many games, but have just never bothered to look into it...for me, once cards are sleeved they simply do not stack well; they're slipping/sliding all over the place...so i'm just looking for something(s) that will hold them in place and be near the board...in a perfect world each "tray" would have 2 compartments (allowing for both a draw and discard pile)...

any ideas??

I haven't compared the size yet, but anybody have a copy of Mille Bornes handy? There are a number of games out there that have the double card tray (Canasta Caliente also comes to mind). I'll try and remember to look later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just pulled my Mille Bornes (unplayed) copy out, and it does have a tray...but for larger cards (normal size) and it's also very shallow...but thanks for the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:

any ideas??

My first thought is foamboard - you can butt-joint it pretty well with PVA glue, so where:

f = width of foamboard
w = width of card in sleeve
h = desired height of tray
l = desired length of space inside tray
x = number of dividers

and using a scalpel/sharp hobby knife against a steel ruler, cut:

(2 + x) end panels/spacers of size (w + 5mm) by (h)
(2) side panels of size (l + (f * (2 + x))) by (h)
(1) bottom panel of size (w + (2 * f) + 5mm) by (l + (f * (2 + x)))

then:

- glue one side panel on the top side of the bottom panel, right up against one long edge
- glue both end panels on the top side of the bottom panel, right up against each end, with a bit of glue on the end to glue them also to the side panel
- glue any dividers in place wherever you want them, both to the base and the side panel
- glue the final side panel to the top of the bottom panel and to the sides of both end panels and any dividers
- wait for all glue to dry before putting cards in it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jake, thanks...but (smile), i was hoping i could buy some somewhere!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just me but I'd say check out a few local thrift stores and see what's in the games. A lot of the old (and cheap) games come with card trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Just me but I'd say check out a few local thrift stores and see what's in the games. A lot of the old (and cheap) games come with card trays.
good idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brennan
United States
Groveland
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I've not ordered from this place, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks like they have some items that fit the bill:

http://www.greathallgames.com/acards/acrdAcc.htm

Good luck,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Brennan wrote:
I've not ordered from this place, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks like they have some items that fit the bill:

http://www.greathallgames.com/acards/acrdAcc.htm

Good luck,

Kevin
thanks, i'll give them a try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd W.
United States
Way Out In The Woods
Georgia
flag msg tools
I've used flat Plano tackleboxes with adjustable dividers for years-

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Medium-Pro-Latch-Organizer/1...

They're good for cards, chits, counters, etc....

They're inexpensive and just about any Wal-mart store you walk in will have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lannes2112 wrote:
I've used flat Plano tackleboxes with adjustable dividers for years-

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Medium-Pro-Latch-Organizer/1...

They're good for cards, chits, counters, etc....

They're inexpensive and just about any Wal-mart store you walk in will have them.
thanks, but i wasn't looking for storage solutions; i was looking for something to hold the cards while playing (sleeved cards)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Try a recipe or rolodex-style card tray. Discards can go in the back either behind a divider of some sort and/or "face up."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Try a recipe or rolodex-style card tray. Discards can go in the back either behind a divider of some sort and/or "face up."

Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:

After seeing how much these were, and looking around my office to see what I had kicking about, I've just made some of my own:

Quick, cheap and effective!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.