Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Just curious as to whether or not anybody has tried playing this with two players, as in each player controlling half of the soldiers and working together?

Cheers,
vanAdamme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhael Weitzel
United States
Huntsvile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with my 7 1/2 year old son. It wasn't quite splitting the squad, I let him take the lead on decisions, gave some tactical advice, and handled the details, and mechanics...kind of like dealing with a 2LT...but it worked and we had fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once. It was not as much fun as we both thought it was solo, mostly because there were fewer soldiers per player and because the decision making slowed the game down.

I spent some time working out some two player scenarios and then the player vs. player version (Shell Shock!) became available so I dropped the efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
I've never played it solo and always had a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not since the doc cured my schizophrenia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to only play like that. Me having soldiers ACEG and my brother BDFH. Much more fun than solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From my first 3 games, I played 1 solo and 2 games in coop. I like coop more than solo. We split the soldiers and one player do the movement/hex checks and the other player has the paragraph booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
Used to only play like that. Me having soldiers ACEG and my brother BDFH. Much more fun than solo.

I, like Pelle, spent nights and nights playing
split squad with my cousin...great time....years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I allowed a friend to peek into board wargaming by playing one of the scenarios together. A great game for playing with a weaker partner as you are not out to destroy them but might have to nurture them through a game. Can you trust them to cover your flank?

I have ran several games where each player is one man and only allowed them to see what their man can see. The rules were heavily based on Ambush rules so you could say I have played Ambush with 7 or 8 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My best friend and I played the entire game co-op, a long time ago. It remains a pleasant memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
My best friend and I played the entire game co-op, a long time ago. It remains a pleasant memory.

Said this before, but... Me and my brother got to the next to last scenario (#23 iirc, in Silver Star... not including the magazine scenario I did not yet own at the time) last time we played coop. Entire squad was wiped out and we always had a rule that we restarted the campaign from first scenario when that happened (replacing soldiers was ok, replacing all of them at the same time not ok, because then it is not the same squad anymore really). That was enough to make us not play the game again for a few years, and then after that other stuff in life had interfered to make it more difficult for us to find time to play. Maybe when the kids are all older etc we can start a new campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses! Looks like I will give it a go with a friend then :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a game last night with a friend. We ran through mission number one and had a great time. Thanks for advice :)

We lost the mission unfortunately and couldn't figure out how to possibly win it. We killed every single German and achieved the victory conditions but still only got 12 points, instead of the 13 we needed. It looks like the only way to win that scenario is to kill every German and capture their officer, keeping him as a prisoner for the entire mission.

Is this right or are we missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.