Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife suggested I find some games we can play with other couples when we go out, without having to remove our food from the table. These would be smart people, but non-gamers (for now...). She bought me a copy of Fundex's "Swipe" but aside from the cool dice it is entirely luck driven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played Coloretto at restaurants before.

Another one which works well is Pickomino. You can set the tiles up on the table and pass the dice around in the box top.

Apples to Apples is another that we've played while waiting for food, with the winner being the person in the lead when the food shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bang! would certainly allow you not to remove the food from the table although it does have player elimination. If you play this with the right people however it is QUITE fun.

Alhambra would require probably having nothing but snack bowls around (ie not full plates of food) but it is very easy to travel with, is quite easy to teach, and also a bit of a "meatier" game all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would second BANG!

It's a fun game. and doesn't really require very much space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great Dalmuti! And Geschenkt (aka No Merci), but it only accommodates 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loco! fits the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gte910h wrote:
What an odd place to play games. I'd just order in (we use zifty.com to get food from a bunch of resturants).

I would suggest Travel Settlers of Catan. I can't think of anything else that is both good and fits in that place.

Perhaps "Set"

OOooh, travel catan sounds good.

We have "children." They tend to interrupt gatherings at home. between our two families there are seven kids. That's why we engage in "going out." There are several casual dining establishments in our college town, as well as coffee shops, that would not frown on light game playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest Medici, the new version much nicer look and also Saga (2004) it's a light card game, and at first seems really simple, but as you play you get deeper into the strategy and it gets addictive.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Geschenkt and Loco. They're easy to put away when the food comes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gte910h wrote:
What an odd place to play games. I'd just order in (we use zifty.com to get food from a bunch of resturants).

We're sorry!

But we currently do not provide service to 52240. However, we are expanding! Tell us your email address and we'll notify you once we begin making deliveries to your area.
(We will only use your email to notify you when we expand to your area — nothing else.)

Order-in in Iowa City equals 1 (one) chinese/thai restaurant, 50+ pizza restaurants, and 3 (three) sub shops.

One of the things I miss most about Chicago was the plethora of restaurants that deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.