Subject: Anniversary Edition Gameboard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the site, so just point me in the direction if this has already been answered, but which version(s) of the game come with the extended gameboard as seen in the Tabletop video of the game?

There are two versions on Amazon, and in my limited searching around, it seems that this came with the Anniversary Edition.

I just really dig the board compared to the sectioned off pieces of board.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just got my big box edition in today which didn't come with that awesome board. I do think you are right with it being the aniversary and I do believe it is also in the family box version that is now being put out, which also includes the first expansion and another game called Granada. I do remember reading for the family box that one side of the board was for Alhambra and the other was for Granada. I wish I could be more help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only get it with the anniversary Edition, the big box and standard game do not have that board, the AE also has the 3d fountains.
But if you are buying the game the big box is a much better buy, you will want the expansions and the big box is a great deal, I mad the mistake of getting the original game and then bought the big box and gave the other away to a friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback.

Since I'm new to board gaming and still having the challenge of having people to play with (I did rope in some people to play 7 Wonders at work, and my wife will play Ticket to Ride), I'm not sure I would want the expansions. I just loved the contents they showed on Tabletop, from the board to the fountains and the bag too (they may all come with that, I'm not sure).

Pretty tough to find the Anniversary Edition anyway, so I'll probably just look into getting the Big Box down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for Ticket I recomend the Europe one. It's a nice change from the USA map plus it has a nice twist to the rules. You should also check out the website www.Yucata.de it's a bunch of web browser based boardgames, that's where I discovered my all time favorite game Stone Age. It helps with the gaming itch when I can't get a real game going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up. Stone Age is actually sitting in my 'Save for Later' cart on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MovieFlask wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Since I'm new to board gaming and still having the challenge of having people to play with (I did rope in some people to play 7 Wonders at work, and my wife will play Ticket to Ride), I'm not sure I would want the expansions. I just loved the contents they showed on Tabletop, from the board to the fountains and the bag too (they may all come with that, I'm not sure).

Pretty tough to find the Anniversary Edition anyway, so I'll probably just look into getting the Big Box down the road.

And don't forget: The Alhambra Anniverary Edition also gives you wooden meeples to walk around the city of the score keeping instead of bland cylinders. :-)

It's an edition worth seeking out, I think. It's not like its aesthetic improvements come at such a premium cost as it was with Puerto Rico's anniversary edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. Now see, I was all settled on not wanting the Anniversary Edition, and now I want it again. Heh.

I called one of the only local shops I know of that would have it, and they didn't, nor did their warehouse. I looked around and couldn't find any stores online.

I guess I'll keep an eye out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick MacFarlane
United States
Boalsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of the Anniversary Edition for sale. I haven't posted it anywhere yet. If anyone can make a deal, I'll process it through the BGG store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.