Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Need buying advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aquaman 31
msg tools
So I bought Dominion Intrigue a few weeks ago and think it's pretty awesome. I am debating whether I should buy the Prosperity expansion for $45 dollars, or put that towards a different game. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquaman31 wrote:
So I bought Dominion Intrigue a few weeks ago and think it's pretty awesome. I am debating whether I should buy the Prosperity expansion for $45 dollars, or put that towards a different game. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I found the base game, the expansions available here in the BGG shop and prosperity were all I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the cards in the base game are still the best. However it is helpful and good for variety to have at least one expansion. My favourite is Prosperity with Intrigue a close second. I agree with Todd that you should not be paying $45 USD on it as you might as well buy another game for that money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=690105
279 Swedish kronor = 42.783534 U.S. dollars = cheapest in Sweden
379 Swedish kronor = 58.118134 U.S. dollars = highest price listed there and it also happen to be my local game shop.

Just to put some perspective on those 45 dollars and where people may be from.

I guess in NZ and Australia it's worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aquaman 31
msg tools
The cheapest I can purchase it is $41 after taxes. But for that price range, are there other great board games? I want one that can function with 2-4 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.