United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
My personal blog :: http://peasantmuse.blogspot.com
badge
The Woodsman- Ivan Kramskoy, 1874
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlords rallied and trafficked. Govt is up for anything on new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Govt. did a massive Sweep and Transport campaign called: Operation Take Back Afghanistan.

We did a Sweep Operation into: Bamian, Badakhshan, Balkh, Khowst, Baghlan, and then did a Transport to Kandahar.

So, yes, we have declared ourselves King of the Mountain, come and get us. (But yes, we also are humble enough to know, this plan might backfire on us as well. I am hoping against hope that a Prop. Card might pop sooner than later--if it does this campaign will have been worth it; if not, then well, we will get hammered.)

Taliban up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Govt,

Thank you for using Warlord Secure™ for all your security needs!

Due to your recent Transport activity in Kandahar, you owe Warlord Secure™: 1 Resource.

We accept proxy payments from Taliban players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, sure, we were going to pay you, honest. (Yeah, sorry about that--thanks for catching it. Go ahead and take the resources off my track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Graveyard of Empires Taliban Limop
BTW, we forgot to move those govt funds to the Warlord. Maybe Coalition can do that on the next phase.

We opt to take the limop for a march. This time we send 3 G's into Ghowr from Oruzgan. And we at least remembered to burn 1 resource of our own.

Over to the Coalition for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, can you please email me a copy of your logfile. I have a workaround that lets me use VASSAL, but sadly not Dropbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeO wrote:
Jeff, can you please email me a copy of your logfile.

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay. I got my workaround going. Hopefully gaming computer will be back up this week.

Coalition Surged to place Coalition bases in Khowst, Baghdis, and Kandahar, adding a die roll (6) to Aid.

I then Trained in Khowst to add cubes and did Civic Action to flip Khowst to Support. I also used my PRTs ability to Train with Civic Action in Kabul to transfer 3 Patronage to Resources.

After I did this I re-read the rules and wasn't sure if that was legal -- is the Transfer of Patronage to Resources a sub-set of Civic Action? Or is it a separate case? And even if it is a separate case, can it be allowed as an additional space under PRTs?

If it's not legal, then I'll train and Civic Action in Baghdis instead which would wipe out all the government resources.

Warlords would be next pending a ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my reading of 3.2.1, Civic Action is a subset of the Training Op and shifting Patronage to Resources is also a subset of the Training Op.

You can either conduct Civic Action OR Create a Base OR if Coalition and the space is Kabul, you can transfer 3 resources from Patronage to Resources.

I also read the PRT's ability as only limited to Civic Action, also because it is just one subset of options you can pair with the Training Op.

What do others think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jobermallow wrote:
From my reading of 3.2.1, Civic Action is a subset of the Training Op and shifting Patronage to Resources is also a subset of the Training Op.

You can either conduct Civic Action OR Create a Base OR if Coalition and the space is Kabul, you can transfer 3 resources from Patronage to Resources.

I also read the PRT's ability as only limited to Civic Action, also because it is just one subset of options you can pair with the Training Op.

I think Jeremy pretty well covers the OR/OR/OR options. The PRT ability seems to be an add-on, independent of whether you opted for civic action with the training, you could take CA in up to two spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jeremy. So it's Civic Action in up to 2 spaces due to the PRTs, OR reduce Patronage from Kabul, OR place a base in one space, but not a combination thereof.

I'll just reduce the Patronage then. I can redo the logfile, or the Warlords can undo the Civic Action when they do their turn, whichever is easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to be clear, I should have the Coalition player conduct Civic Action in Baghdis instead of Kabul? (And remove the Patronage shift?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinx!

Okay, I can take care of the Kabul civic action/patronage and have the Coalition conduct Civic Action in Baghdis instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gov't is over their victory condition if I don't cut patronage, right?

I'll just reduce patronage, and not do any Civic Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlords corrected the Coalition turn and then took their limited op and rallied in Balkh to have the active guerrillas there go back underground.

I forgot to dock Govt one resource for their previous Transport into Balkh, so you'll find an additional log file named 'Warlords Get Paid' that has this fix as well.

Taliban is up for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taliban decides to march bigtime. Moving into Herat, Kandahar, Balochistan, and Khowst, and the LOC on either side of Kandahar. Costs three, since LOCs and Pak are free.

Extort four spaces: NW Provinces, Waziristan, Ghowr, and Ghazni. Four resources recovered.

As a community service, you will note that the Taliban knock COIN control away from Kandahar and Khowst, to bring the Gov down six.

Government is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
After taking our lumps, Govt. takes a Lim. Op. We're bringing the fight back to Balkh. (Not sure we would have wanted a full Op. since we are so low on funds).

Coalition up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coalition, seeing the building forces of both the Taliban and the Warlords, decided to conduct an offensive.

We used Air Strikes to remove the Taliban G's from the two Ring Road LOCs and also one active Warlords G from Khowst. We then Assaulted in Khowst, adding Government cubes for 3 Gov't resources, to clear all the Taliban and one underground Warlords guerrilla. We also assaulted in Kandahar to remove Taliban Gs and a couple of Warlords guerrillas.

Warlords is up for event, LimOp, or pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Antley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Government, why must you try to so hard to take Balkh? Clearly you see the Taliban presence growing in the South- would you rather see Sharia enacted across the land, or have hard working farmers and security personel work with you to make Afghanistan a better place for Afghanis?

Just a thought. whistle

(note: I fixed the uncontrolled pop count, which is now at 5)

Warlords passed, then came up first on the next card.

We decided to Rally + Cultivate, with the new medicinal fields being created in Baghlan before the augmented security forces rallied in. We also stationed additional personel in Herat before bringing in a large presence to the aforementioned Balkh province.

Off to the Government, who can select to either take the limited op, the event, or pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Govt. did a Pass.

Taliban next up on the Card to do Event, Lim. Op or Pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Graveyard of Empires Playtest Session: Taliban Limop
Taliban will rally in Ghowr to place a base there.

Gov up on the next impulse, for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Govt did a Train and Eradicate.

Govt. is definitely not making any friends in this move (except, crazy enough, the Taliban) Got rid of Warlord bases, pumped up Aid, and increased Patronage.

Govt. will do anything by any means to secure this great country of ours--even if this last move of ours is a bit reckless. Govt is at Victory Conditions and Taliban not far behind. Even though the Coalition was around 21-22 (victory conditions) before this turn, they were within striking distance as well because a single surgical Surge move would have brought them to Victory conditions, so we knocked their support down in Kandahar because of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it looks like Coalition is up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Mr. Karzai, Let's not forget who it was who brought you to power and made sure you stayed there. We at USFOR-A must remind you who is footing the bill for driving the Taliban out and building up your country.

Therefore, Coalition takes the shaded event. Gov't resources to 0, Aid -6, and Coalition remains eligible on the next card.

Taliban is first up on MANPADS Scare, with Breaktime on deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.