Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: The All Anarch All the Time Thread. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the goal here is to have a thread that people subscribe to and reply to as sort of an ongoing discussion of deckbuilding and strategy ideas specific to the Anarch faction. Hopefully we can get into some higher level strategy discussions. I chose Anarch first because it's my preferred runner faction. If the thread goes well maybe we can get similar threads running for the other factions instead of everyone starting a new thread every time they want to post a decklist. It could also be a good place to send people who are new to the game and are interested in a specific faction.

But really I just got excited by the discussion in the thread about playing Wyldside and wanted to post my new list. I haven't gotten to try it out yet but I like the concept.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event (12)
Deja Vu (Core #2) x1
Easy Mark (Core #19) x3
Inside Job (Core #21) x2
Modded (Core #35) x3
Stimhack (Core #4) x1
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x2

Hardware (6)
Cyberfeeder (Core #5) x3
Grimoire (Core #6) x3

Program (21)
Corroder (Core #7) x3
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Datasucker (Core #8) x3
Imp (What Lies Ahead #3) x3
Medium (Core #10) x3
Mimic (Core #11) x3
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Yog.0 (Core #14) x2

Resource (6)
Ice Carver (Core #15) x1
Liberated Account (Trace Amount #22) x2
Wyldside (Core #16) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 66
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 6

The general idea is to play Wyldside early and ride it to victory. I eliminated cards that encourage you to use more clicks in favor of cards that have built in actions. The deck probably wants to run less often than most. Runs will be used to open up targets for Parasite and eventually to start building Medium strength. Later in the game Stimhack and Inside Job will be used to access Archives. Imp is probably my favorite card in the game; here it is intended to hit HQ, especially against Weyland or any deck that might be running Scorched Earth.

So, if you want to keep up with and contribute to discussions about Anarch strategy and deckbuilding please subscribe and feel free to post your own deck lists as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be fine if you dont have 3 grimoire? or would you need a substitute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:

I'll give my thoughts on the deck as a whole later when I have more time, but at a glance, if you don't have a third Grimoire and want to give the deck a spin I'd probably substitute a Djinn or a Dyson Mem Chip. Neither really does all of what Grimoire does for you, but they're both +MU cards with other utility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:

I wouldn't recommend playing with less than 2. The boost it gives to your viruses is pretty insane. If you have 2 and need to fill the empty slot in the deck you could probably play a second Ice Carver or a second Stimhack or even a second Deja Vu. Those cards should have a similar effect on the game that Grimoire has. Ice Carver makes Parasites and Datasuckers better, Stimhack let's your breakers pick up the slack, or Deja Vu let's you be a little more aggressive when you want to install new viruses.

If you only have 1 Grimoire then you also only have 2 Wyldside which would make the deck significantly worse in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aubiewankenobi wrote:
OliverOil wrote:

I'll give my thoughts on the deck as a whole later when I have more time, but at a glance, if you don't have a third Grimoire and want to give the deck a spin I'd probably substitute a Djinn or a Dyson Mem Chip. Neither really does all of what Grimoire does for you, but they're both +MU cards with other utility.

Djinn is probably better than my previous suggestion of Deja Vu. I used to have Djinn in the deck but never really used the search function so when I got my third Core he got the boot for Grimoire #3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Without really commenting on the rest of your list it doesn't make much sense to take only 2 Sure Gamble. Even though it's only a burst card it's still basically the best economy card both the runner and corp have access to. So until the card pool grows much larger than it currently is I seriously can't understand the logic of taking less than 3 Sure Gamble in any deck.

I play Noise and I don't like the setup of 3 Corroder, 3 Mimic and 2/3 Yog.0 and 1 Crypsis - that's what I started out with myself. Basically while each of those breakers are good, apart from Corroder and Crypsis, the other two have certain drawbacks, namely that they need to work with viruses to get past certain ice like Archer and Tollbooth. And in certain situations vs. unrezzed ice in a critical run you don't always have enough virus counters to interact with a high strength ice. Like if you run into an Archer you would need 3 Datasucker counters to use Mimic which you may have, but not always. The other problem is that I found I kept drawing too many redundant cards that already had with Wyldside in play. Like one third of my deck were cards I could only have/only needed 1 copy in play of, so I experienced too many dead draws.

I think it's a mistake not to take Wyrm (for Noise at least). He might seem bad but he makes your viruses work so much better and faster. Plus he can do weird random things like save you from a surprise early Rototurret trashing a program, when you don't have a sentry breaker. So, on the face of it, Wyrm might seem like a bad card, but I've found him to be really good and necessary in a Noise deck. He makes your viruses work so much better.

The hardest thing to work out for a Noise deck is the icebreaker setup. As I said I started out with a generic 3 Corroder, 3 Mimic and 3 Yog.0, then cut a Yog.0 for a Crypsis. Then recently I broke that mould to take Wyrm and rely on Crypsis more since I like these AI icebreakers. I went with 2 Wyrm, 3 Corroder, 2 Mimic and 1 Crypsis. While that set up seems quite nice I am not sure about Mimic sometimes. It's so good at breaking all the ice equal or less than its strength, but only works in conjunction with viruses to break higher strength sentries. The next thing I am trying is 2 Wyrm, 3 Corroder and 2 Crypsis. I think taking 3 Crypsis might be too much since you can get it with Djinn, but a second copy increases your chance of naturally drawing it, which is better than tutoring for it. Plus against program destruction it gives you a second copy to get, and you always have Deja Vu to return them it they get trashed. My previous setup might be better but I seriously need to test both out more.

I'm not sure what a solid setup is, though of course it depends on the rest of your deck. I would always take 3 Corroder and 1+ Crypsis. I like Wyrm and have been taking 2 of him (even considering taking 3 of him, though 2 is probably enough). I think Mimic is fine, it's a card I am on and off with (I am not sure whether to take it or not). To be honest right now I am relying on Crypsis + Stimhack for my most important runs. While 2 Stimhack might be the right number the card is so good that I have been considering taking 3 because you always want it when you make an expensive, critical run. And you sometimes want more than to use multiple Stimhacks in a game, maybe except against net damage Jinteki.

Aesop's Pawnshop has been by far the best out of faction card for my deck. I started with 2 and then went to 3 because it was so insane. The only drawback is if it gets trashed from tags. That's one of the weaknesses of Anarch, vulnerability to tags. You have important resources like Wyldside, while not game-ending to lose, set you back alot. You don't always have enough money to remove tags against a swarm tagging deck like NBN, but having alot means you can't use resources.

Noise is so hard to make a deck for, as well as to play, but I enjoy the challenge of it. I love the aggressive and chaotic nature of Anarch. Viruses are awesome btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angrist wrote:
Without really commenting on the rest of your list it doesn't make much sense to take only 2 Sure Gamble. Even though it's only a burst card it's still basically the best economy card both the runner and corp have access to. So until the card pool grows much larger than it currently is I seriously can't understand the logic of taking less than 3 Sure Gamble in any deck.

I actually had 0 before I switched to this setup. Originally I had 3 but I found that it was warping my turns too much since I didn't tend to have 5 credits on hand all the time. So I would spend a turn clicking for credits just to get more credits when I really wanted to do other things. I almost always wished it was just an Easy Mark. Hopefully with this setup I'll be able to build up a slightly larger bank so I can just play Sure Gamble when I draw it instead of having to claw my way up to it. I also think, even though it uses clicks, that Liberated Account is a little better than Sure Gamble. I didn't want a bunch of 5 or 6 cost economy cards clogging my hand so I just went with 2 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 core sets but am considering cherry picking a 3rd from my flgs (if they let me). I am a complete newb and trying to build a local group of players but I am interested in noise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
P.S. What I was trying to say about your list was that I thought you were getting ahead of yourself by taking other cards ahead of 3 Sure Gamble.

Re: Djinn, I'm not sure if you have enough hosting MU for your viruses without it. You say you never used the search function, but I use it reasonably often. Djinn isn't opposed to Deja Vu, they work together. If you don't have a virus of a certain type, like Parasite, you can get it with Djinn and then reuse it with Deja Vu. Without Djinn the deck lacks consistency at what viruses it draws. Djinn helps you get what you need and can also get multiple copies of the same virus when you need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maghd wrote:

I actually had 0 before I switched to this setup. Originally I had 3 but I found that it was warping my turns too much since I didn't tend to have 5 credits on hand all the time. So I would spend a turn clicking for credits just to get more credits when I really wanted to do other things. I almost always wished it was just an Easy Mark. Hopefully with this setup I'll be able to build up a slightly larger bank so I can just play Sure Gamble when I draw it instead of having to claw my way up to it. I also think, even though it uses clicks, that Liberated Account is a little better than Sure Gamble. I didn't want a bunch of 5 or 6 cost economy cards clogging my hand so I just went with 2 of each.

OK well I can understand your logic there.

But when you need alot of credits, what are you going to do without Sure Gamble? If you are taking Liberated Account, since Sure Gamble is a similar price to it, they kind of go together regarding playing your turns towards having enough to pay for either.

It's not just a question of gaining alot of credits, Sure Gamble is simply more efficient than Easy Mark as long as you have 5. I tested Easy Mark alot in this deck and overall have found it to be quite poor. It only gains +1 credit above the rate, so while seeming to give you 3 credits, once you factor drawing cards, Easy Mark is pretty weak. Quite frankly the only deck I think it's good in is taking 3 Beanstalk Royalties in Weyland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
I have 2 core sets but am considering cherry picking a 3rd from my flgs (if they let me). I am a complete newb and trying to build a local group of players but I am interested in noise.

Consider picking up a copy of What Lies Ahead if your store has access to it. The 3 Imp it contains are quite important for any Noise deck. It's an excellent card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angrist wrote:
P.S. What I was trying to say about your list was that I thought you were getting ahead of yourself by taking other cards ahead of 3 Sure Gamble.

Re: Djinn, I'm not sure if you have enough hosting MU for your viruses without it. You say you never used the search function, but I use it reasonably often. Djinn isn't opposed to Deja Vu, they work together. If you don't have a virus of a certain type, like Parasite, you can get it with Djinn and then reuse it with Deja Vu. Without Djinn the deck lacks consistency at what viruses it draws. Djinn helps you get what you need and can also get multiple copies of the same virus when you need it.

I think the differences you're suggesting come down to play style more than anything else. I like to play this type of deck with a fairly aggressive line of play so spending clicks searching for the perfect card or spending part of my turn getting specific cards back from my heap is less preferable than putting as much pressure on with the cards I have on hand. The deck really revolves around Wyldside to fill your hand so you can spend your remaining clicks focused on how and where to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these type of builds. I favor heavy ice destruction focus, and splash forged activation orders. Imp taking out ice off r&d is potent after parasite makes a hole.

There's also virtue in a triple djinn no wyldside build, and making methodical use of the tutor ability to attack them and not blind drawing much. You can often win with minimal breakers installed. make an opening and run as much as possible and disrupt them early and often.

Wyldside does cost a click, which is a heavy price at times, especially once you have the tools you need. Using that spare click vs wyldside to draw the exact right virus allows you to truly craft a plan with djinn. Different play style, but quite good in different ways than wyldside builds.

One medium can be enough with 3x djinn

Any anarch build likely needs to value MU highly. Don't skimp. At least 3. Grimoire is THE cheapest way to get 2 real MU in game, and has great synergy with everything else, hence the 3x recommendations. Djinn fills in for it pretty well, but parasite can be awkward. I run both.

Kati Jones, the broker-ish reprint coming soon, is a great economy resource for Anarch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...

This was my first draft. The one I use right now is
-1 Imp
-1 Crypsis
-1 Medium
-3 Liberated Accounts
+3 Sure Gamble
+3 Wyldside

I'd like another low cost economy card, but the alternative to Armitage is Infiltration right now. It might work better with Wyldside though, for all I know. And of course, I'd rather have the third Modded than the third Easy Mark, but that's Influence for you. FAO is more important than the third Modded, and while I was thinking of cutting Aesop's in the pre-Wyldside version, it's pretty much necessary with Wyldside in the deck.

This deck is pure ICE destruction with Crypsis as a backup. You'll be running mostly against the central servers, concentrating chiefly on R&D. You use Djinn to setup your rig and fetch Datasuckers and Parasites. Ideally you'll play all 3 Parasites and Deja Vu for them and replay them. The Corp will have to build very wide and won't be able to defend everything. Try to stock up Archives before running there, just to save some time, but never be afraid to use a run on an unprotected Archives to setup your Datasuckers. It's too bad there's not yet any good HQ punishment cards in Anarch (Destruction Run? Imp can do that work... I mean like, accessing multiple cards). That's the one part that would make this deck complete.

I usually leave remote servers mostly alone. You only ever really run them to keep Corp honest. You can surprise Corp sometimes with a well placed FAO where you are happy either way: if they rez you run against something else that they can't rez protection for, if they don't you've diminished their defenses on that server. What's great about FAO is if they rez you can now Parasite without having encountered the ICE first.

In a typical game you tend to play one or two viruses early while running against HQ to make them spend cash, possibly get one run against Archives unprotected. If they ever stop protecting R&D you really punish them with Medium, possibly Imp (to dig deeper). If they start overreaching, try to punish them by running HQ. Often over the course of a game you'll end up dumping most of your points in Archives. You just need to get one good run into Archives late game to typically score all the points you need. Stimhack and Crypsis, plus some Datasuckers, will get you into a remote if they start trying to score, or might allow you to win in one fell swoop if the start ICEing up Archives because you dumped lots of points in.

I played this against NBN, Weyland and HB. NBN is easy IMO, Tollbooth is funny when your average cash on hand is 2, Data Raven ends up being 4 creds for "stop the run", which is easily in your favor. Weyland is tricky because aggressive running might leave you open to Scorched Earth flatline and Archer is dah suck, but they tend to have a lot of low scoring agenda so you will often get steady points from your naked HQ and R&D runs, plus it will usually mean that Archives is filled with point cards (on average would be the same as other corps, but with less variance because of more cards valued at less points). Against HB, well, I hope you like taking brain damage. I know I do. Bioroids mean you can often ensure a run succeeds at the cost of time, which is great for the "run Archives" plan, but if they get one good Beta Test you might be in for a long game. One good news though: Janus and Heimdall are fun to FAO.

What I like here is that my icebreaker suite is versatile (at the cost of efficiency) and has high amounts of redundancy (Deja Vu and Djinn allows me to recover Crypsis) while working with my Identity's primary win condition, namely filling up Archives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Angrist wrote:

I think it's a mistake not to take Wyrm (for Noise at least). He might seem bad but he makes your viruses work so much better and faster. Plus he can do weird random things like save you from a surprise early Rototurret trashing a program, when you don't have a sentry breaker. So, on the face of it, Wyrm might seem like a bad card, but I've found him to be really good and necessary in a Noise deck. He makes your viruses work so much better.

I think you've convinced me to give Wyrm a second look. Parasites are largely ineffective against big ice, such as Hadrian's Wall, Archer, where it takes 6-7 turns to trash, and before that the corp has enough time to purge counters. But, there are some tricks to force the corp to mistime purging viruses.

One example, a corp waits another turn to purge viruses because the Archer only has 3 counters. Placing down an ice carver, datasucker with grimoire out, run to gain another counter, and then running the archer to trash it. Quite a lengthy setup, but there are variations of this, such as placing two datasuckers and an ice carver, and it has netted me some big ice kills when the corp wasn't expecting it.

With Wyrm, it makes parasite'd big ice (Heimdall, Archer) unsafe at even 2-3 counters. You'll still be spending 6-7 to trash it, but that's near the amount to run the server once anyway.

I'm feeling now that Wyrm rounds out the Anarch virus synergies more than we realize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Unfortunately, by posting a deck I don't think you're likely to get high level commentary over a running riff on your deck.

And I totally disagree about parasites not being big ice killers. I almost exclusively use parasites to bring down big ice. After grimoire, 2 parasites on an archer, as if corp even had time to respond, with an ice carver and a token or two on data sucker, by the time you see them on your second turn you can easily bring a big ice from 7 to 0. That's in two turns for, with cyber feeder, cards you'd install for free on only two clicks. Pretty fricking amazing. Then, deja rinse and repeat. I combo this all the time and use parasites as a late game tower killing machine.

I've never gotten wyrm to really work even tho I'm big on parasite. But, I just think I'm not doing shit right. I've opted to remove him many times from my deck but just keep telling myself that I need to be better.

Are you thinking of losing the imps!!!! You're nuts.

I've managed to lose crappy sure gambles from my deck entirely, with the following econ:
3 bank jobs
2 liberated accounts
2 aesops
2 armitage

Last game all of the econ came together, bank jobs combo-ing into liberated accounts, and I was richer than weyland. Then, played wyldside late and pushed down a monster rig with change to run towers in no time. It was a lock.

I also dropped medium in favor of maker's eye. I'm just not into medium. I know this seems anti-anarch but hear me out. Early game I find it eats away at your MU and costs a ton. Any non-crappy corp will defend R+D with something. After spending 3 early to bring out medium, you have to break ice in multiple runs for it to really work which costs more credits. A conservative estimate is that it would cost 3 + breaker + about 5 in breaks equalling 10 plus credits and clicks to see how many cards?

Late game, it's still too slow. Each run needs to be devastating. Ramping up medium is inefficient. One day, when anarch has a trick of light virus equivalent, we'll talk. I'd spend my two runs to make medium interesting to do more. Grab cards that you know are there. Force critical ice rez's. Go after agendas. Threaten the archive stack. Cycle your viruses - then hit archives.

Then, it has no surprise factor. For instance, maker's eye after ice is brought out from an accelerated beta score?! Amazing.

Why is everyone dropping deja? With a cyberfeeder or two, have you ever installed 2 parasites. Sacced them. Deja vu'd them. Installed again. And then hit archives the next turn? Imagine there are 4 cards in archives. Now there are 8. That's worth an agenda right? For how many credits? Not many.

To me, 3 wyldesides is too many. Maybe you can trash your cards all day because you have so many redundant icebreakers. You can fish with djinn, so being locked into wyldeside is often also redundant. Nothing to turn wyldeside off? Aesop's makes almost every anarch card better. Reconsider the deja vu dance with aesops saccing your parasite for cash!! Amazing.

Your basic idea is to power through and get all your icebreakers up as fast as possible no? And then you just trash cards all day. But how lame is it when you pull up a second mimic and a second crypsis in a single wyldeside? This must happen all the time with this many redundant icebreakers. Have you tried rolling 2s of all of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
crappy sure gambles

We can no longer be friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maghd wrote:
Event (12)
Deja Vu (Core #2) x1
Easy Mark (Core #19) x3
Inside Job (Core #21) x2
Modded (Core #35) x3
Stimhack (Core #4) x1
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x2

Hardware (6)
Cyberfeeder (Core #5) x3
Grimoire (Core #6) x3

Program (21)
Corroder (Core #7) x3
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Datasucker (Core #8) x3
Imp (What Lies Ahead #3) x3
Medium (Core #10) x3
Mimic (Core #11) x3
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Yog.0 (Core #14) x2

Resource (6)
Ice Carver (Core #15) x1
Liberated Account (Trace Amount #22) x2
Wyldside (Core #16) x3

The general idea is to play Wyldside early and ride it to victory. I eliminated cards that encourage you to use more clicks in favor of cards that have built in actions. The deck probably wants to run less often than most. Runs will be used to open up targets for Parasite and eventually to start building Medium strength. Later in the game Stimhack and Inside Job will be used to access Archives. Imp is probably my favorite card in the game; here it is intended to hit HQ, especially against Weyland or any deck that might be running Scorched Earth.

Now that I have a little bit of time, a quick running commentary on what I would change:

Having played Modded in a similar deck before, I am of the opinion that its synergy with Wyldside is a little overblown. Your deck is already going to have a lot of cards in it that don't really DO anything by themselves; Modded is just another. If it didn't cost influence, I might feel differently, but in my eyes it just costs too much to justify bringing it in. I'd rather see Aesop's Pawnshop here. You can sell pretty much anything in your deck for no clicks in a pinch--and you will with no Djinn to stack viruses on--but it really shines with Imp, Liberated Account, and Armitage Codebreaking--which I'd bring in for Easy Mark. You wind up with a stronger, more resilient economy for less influence. What's not to like? Besides, as great as Wyldside is, you'll eventually find yourself not really needing more cards. Sure, you could let it keep running, but you could also reclaim a click a turn AND 3 credits. Good stuff.

I've also found that Stimhack doesn't really do a whole lot in decks like this. With your breaker suite, you're more often trying to tear down problem ICE than break it. I'm not sure that playing one copy of Crypsis with no Djinn is that helpful either.

Personally, I think 2 is the right number for both Medium and Deja Vu. There are some very vocal people that think anything but 3 is crazy. I'd recommend doing what I did--try playing 3 of each for several games against different decks and make a note of how often you find yourself looking at one of those cards and wishing it were anything else. Maybe you do want 3 Medium if you're not playing Djinn, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to do 2 Deja Vu for Parasites (maybe Data Sucker in some circumstances) in a game, and running wyld means you're going to get damaged, so you need the third in case it gets pitched. Stimhack is pretty much a necessity if you run Crypsis as sole icebreaker, like I do. You want the Corp to be forced to put an agenda out there when it *thinks* you can't break in. The Corp has full info so they know exactly which of their servers are more vulnerable, they're not going to put something to remote if it's more open than their HQ... unless they're trapping. Which is another reason to play Stimhack... playing a trap when you can't run it is terrible, so you're a lot safer running when they don't know you can run than when they know.

Modded is just better than Easy Mark for building up your rig. It's the same value minus 1 click. Sure you need another card with it, but if you're not drawing Crypsis or Grimoire (or in a pinch, Medium or Djinn) to use it on, you're sort of in trouble already.

Medium isn't great but you basically need it so they divert ICE to R&D. There's no real reason to double ICE R&D if you're not threatening an R&D win through Medium (hell, not even sure it's really worth ICEing R&D *at all* if you're only accessing one card at a time, except for the fact that you'll have to start using clicks for draw to assure you get agendas and for the existence of Datasucker). It's just a way to dump a card in Archives while you force the Corp to build more horizontally than they'd like. And force them to use actual ICE on R&D, not their less useful ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
I want to do 2 Deja Vu for Parasites (maybe Data Sucker in some circumstances) in a game, and running wyld means you're going to get damaged, so you need the third in case it gets pitched. Stimhack is pretty much a necessity if you run Crypsis as sole icebreaker, like I do. You want the Corp to be forced to put an agenda out there when it *thinks* you can't break in. The Corp has full info so they know exactly which of their servers are more vulnerable, they're not going to put something to remote if it's more open than their HQ... unless they're trapping. Which is another reason to play Stimhack... playing a trap when you can't run it is terrible, so you're a lot safer running when they don't know you can run than when they know.

Modded is just better than Easy Mark for building up your rig. It's the same value minus 1 click. Sure you need another card with it, but if you're not drawing Crypsis or Grimoire (or in a pinch, Medium or Djinn) to use it on, you're sort of in trouble already.

Medium isn't great but you basically need it so they divert ICE to R&D. There's no real reason to double ICE R&D if you're not threatening an R&D win through Medium (hell, not even sure it's really worth ICEing R&D *at all* if you're only accessing one card at a time, except for the fact that you'll have to start using clicks for draw to assure you get agendas and for the existence of Datasucker). It's just a way to dump a card in Archives while you force the Corp to build more horizontally than they'd like. And force them to use actual ICE on R&D, not their less useful ones.

I used to be a firm believer of Modded in a Noise deck but now that you need Liberated Accounts to go off mid-game I like Easy Mark better. It is more generally versatile and most of the time you're either overshooting (Modded into a Parasite or something) or you're getting you're full three discount and playing things you don't really want/need to play.

This isn't even factoring in the influence cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
wedgeex wrote:
most of the time you're either overshooting (Modded into a Parasite or something) or you're getting you're full three discount and playing things you don't really want/need to play.

This isn't even factoring in the influence cost.

Interesting. I haven't run it myself. But, what's expensive in an anarch deck anyway, that needs a 3 cred boost to install? Liberated, cryspis, yog. Well, you're tutoring crypsis anyway with djinn so that is generally timed as you need it. That leaves Yog?! Other than that you would be overshooting.

On second thought, maybe easy mark would be more consistant than my ban job 3x, especially mid-late game, but I just can't resist the surprise boost. Hmmmmm, but shit, thinking out loud here, if i dropped bank job for easy marks I could squeeze in those forced activation orders I always wanted, at least forced x2, and we know the credit savings of forced or trashed ice. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
Interesting. I haven't run it myself. But, what's expensive in an anarch deck anyway, that needs a 3 cred boost to install? Liberated, cryspis, yog. Well, you're tutoring crypsis anyway with djinn so that is generally timed as you need it. That leaves Yog?! Other than that you would be overshooting.

Spinal Modem, Grimoire, Medium, Mimic, Dyson Mem Chip, Plascrete Carapace and many foreign programs and hardware all also benefit from Modded. Oh, and Morningstar, if you're weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Loikkanen
Finland
Kuopio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
Are you thinking of losing the imps!!!! You're nuts.

I've managed to lose crappy sure gambles from my deck entirely, with the following econ:
3 bank jobs
2 liberated accounts
2 aesops
2 armitage

I like your thinking. Will try these for sure! And Wyrm!

Edit: BTW, how come Imp's and Morning Star's frames are of so different colour compared to the core set programs? They look good though!

Edit2: Bank Jobs might just be at the same level of situational use as is Sure Gamble. Definitely more fun as an idea lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe people let you get away with Bank Jobs in your meta but in ours you can basically never get one off without spending 3-5 credits - NOTHING is every not protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
In my opinion, Anarch still doesn't work as well as the other factions. It is a very confusing faction to build, because their main strategy doesn't seem well defined to me:

- Currently, 3 out of 4 breakers can't strenght up but Anarch has Stimhack, it makes no sense to me;
- As your cards give you short-term advantage, you should be pushing your opponent, but Anarch has a terrible economy, you can't do that;
- Too much programs suggests you not to focus on ICEbreakers, but the current viruses are not reliable enough.

I always feel that I don't have enough influence to cover all those flaws...

I'm still waiting the cards that will make Anarch as viable as Criminal and Shaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.