Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed Tim's TTLM Core Rulebook to get really up to speed on the game. I know there are some minor changes coming, but the groundwork is the same. He mentions "See the Unit and Card Manifest for sections 8.0 and 9.0 See the THEATRE RULEBOOK for sections 10.0 and up."

Are those files anywhere to review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David.

Thanks for your interest in TTLM!

Sections 8.0 and higher have not been uploaded to BGG.

I uploaded the Core rules initially because so many people said they were put off by the verbosity and repetition in the original rules (v 1.0.2). People complained about 30+ pages of rules for a simple game, as well as a perceived lack of organization and guidance about which optional rules to use.

The Core Rulebook was my answer to these complaints -- a basic set of rules coming in at about 12 pages, reorganized according to some great suggestions received, and with all the chatty quality removed.

By the time I got around to the Unit Manifest (8.0), Card Manifest (9.0), and all those many optional rules (10.0 etc.), Nuts! Publishing had already optioned the game. I didn't want to release the revised Theatre Rulebook until TTLM! had been published.

I hope this explains the situation adequately.

TT

(edited for accuracy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure does, thanks Tim. Glad I could be one of those last 25 helping push TTLM over the 250 pre-order mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.