Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a site that I can go to that I can play against AI opponent(s) in order to learn games?

I have little game experience and am terrible at understanding rules (I think I have a learning disorder). I really learn when I play and the more I play the better. (still not good at it but better)

I would really like to learn games like Agricola, Le Havre, Caylus, etc. I can find places to play these games but not learn them and I hate to join a game without knowing something about it and possible ruin it for others.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Schlosser
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not heard of a site with AI players. The iOS versions of games can work well for this. I essentially learned Le Havre that way. Of course, you would need access to a device that will let you play the apps. Many apps have tutorials as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I usually go to the multi-player sites and start a new game with notes included such as "Learning game please" or something along those lines. There's usually somebody willing to play along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have a store but it's always full with a lot of young "kids" playing Magic....so I don't feel very comfortable in there.

I guess I'm getting a late start to board gaming and just feel a bit self-conscious about my age. Foolish maybe but..I have issues blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ample Soul Physician wrote:
I've not heard of a site with AI players. The iOS versions of games can work well for this. I essentially learned Le Havre that way. Of course, you would need access to a device that will let you play the apps. Many apps have tutorials as well.

That is a good option if I can find some android apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Bone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yucata is an excellent source for learning games. If you want to learn games on there, this geeklist Yucata Game Tutors will help hook you up with people who don't mind helping people learn games. Yucata has an option specifically to do learning games, instead of ones that score in the site's meta game. Besides being free, it's turn based, not real time so you can make your moves a few at a time. It's nice 'cause you can take time considering your moves, and most (but not all) games have a move reset button so you can try a move and see what it does, and if it doesn't do what you want you can do something else.
Another good resource for learning about Yucata is the guild Lords and Ladies of Yucata de BGG Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.