Subject: Need advice for solo mines liberation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I've just had my most crushing defeat since I first learned the game.

Solo Mines Liberation, Norowas, 36 pts.

I think I went against a mine too early, but it seems like you have to be aggressive with only 4 rounds. I also had some board congestion with a cluster of forests in the center.

Still, I got wrecked. I was able to liberate two mines, but I had wounds in my hand most of the game even with magical glades, healing cards and monastery healing.

During the last round I couldn't help but think that I was going about this all wrong. I've mostly only played solo conquest, so this was a bit of a change for me.

I haven't seen much in the strategy or session report forums that is specific to Mines Liberation.

Can anyone please offer advice or insight into what one does to perform well in Solo Mines Liberation?

Also, what should I consider a decent score? How about a great one? I've never played in just four rounds, so my entire set of expectations is off.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, Mines liberated! Goldyx made it solo with 95 points might be the thread that would interest you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jebbie wrote:
Anyway, Mines liberated! Goldyx made it solo with 95 points might be the thread that would interest you.

Thanks Jebbie, I've taken a look at that already and while it's a quite detailed turn by turn, I'm hoping to hear more about general strategies to keep in mind, things I might be overvaluing from solo conquest or undervaluing.

But thanks for the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see my post being recommended. If you read it close enough, I've had two miserable failures (link also in the session report, and, to be disappointing to both of us, there're not many interesting replies inside the thread.) before the success.

My rough advices would be:
1. Mines Liberation is a very difficult scenario. Don't try it when you are still new to MK. I had finished 9 solos (including 3 wins in a row) before starting my first try into haunted mines.
Even you are OK with solo conquests, your first journey into the mines would still be very difficult. As you said, the concept changes a lot.

2. Go very very focused, for nothing else but mines! Iain's report is also great, and he earned one more point than me. Perhaps those extra points made some differences - I mean in timing.

3. Wounds are harder to avoid than in solo conquests, because you have to rush really fast. Healing is thus more important.

And you need some luck to score good. Don't worry too much upon one or two failures. Maybe we can open another thread for recording solo mines liberation?

I plan to try solo dungeon load, but without a benchmark, it seems even more lost.

P.S. I don't think I'm experienced enough to give detailed strategy advices. Try it yourself and maybe we can discuss later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My tips (and some others) are here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/797389/mines-liberation-solo

Also see my thread on Dungeon Lords solo (much easier IMO):
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/847108/dungeon-lords-solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.