Subject: Fables (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm reading Fables, which I am enjoying other than the Crossover yuk

Anyhow

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Totenkinder/Bellflower just battled Mr. Dark, defeated him, left him covered in gold. He broke out of the casing, defeated Totenkider/Bellflower and now Totenkinder/Bellflower is apparently giving up on assisting the fables.

All I could think during this was that for all Totenkinder/Bellflower's abilities she is a bit daft. I mean the first place she visited to learn about Mr. Dark was the treasure room he was locked in for goodness knows how long, and the bloody box which had held him just fine was laying right there. Even if she didn't understand it's significance at the time her liaison with Dunster Happ should have clued her in. Just put the statue in the box and problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought crossover was pretty bad. It had some fun moments and little character bits I liked, but the overall plot and concept of literals was annoying to me.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Just rationalizing here. Perhaps breaking the seal on the box depowered it, or Dark did so himself after escaping. And making those things took hundreds of mages, a resource fabletown doesn't have.

The comic is still really good, and has stayed that way really deep into its run. The cast is large and that lets them get away with not giving anyone script immunity which I think is cool. Snow and Bigby really seem to be the only characters given that privilege. But who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.