Subject: Turn order according to VPs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During yesterday's game we saw that the player sitted on the right side of the last player in VPs has a tremendous disadvantage because if the player with less VPs doesn't abandon the last position, the one to his right has the most disadvantegous position of all and not because of his own actions so we are thinking in including a turn order track with the game so that not only the start player but all players are ordered in VPs ascendant order.

In fact, the player who was the last for most of the game had chances to win only because the one before him (me!!!!) screwed things up too many times... After that play I reaaaaaaally love the game as it punishes just the simplest bad action as it was yesterday to give away the last factory token for using the last work space... No money from that moment on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first trial game using the original rules, we also figured the First Player issue. We also changed the game such that every position (not just the start player position) are determined according to VPs. Ties were broken by previous turn order. It worked excellently! You just only need to present something to indicate the turn order of each player. The game is so much better, and makes better sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyfung1205 wrote:
After the first trial game using the original rules, we also figured the First Player issue. We also changed the game such that every position (not just the start player position) are determined according to VPs. Ties were broken by previous turn order. It worked excellently! You just only need to present something to indicate the turn order of each player. The game is so much better, and makes better sense.

I'm thinking about something simple, a card with four positions numbered 1 through 4 in which you put one of the action pawns.

In fact, Netrunner's runner's action card fits with that idea:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we put the color pieces along the 4-turn track at the corner of the board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Paget
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this is the way to play. Curious why this isn't the official rule. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.