Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Do Senseis stack?
Do Snitches stack?
Sensei says "every ice except Sensei" but the rules mention something that when a card refers to his name it refers only to itself.
Does having multiple Snithes enable multiple exposing per turn? It says once per turn, I think you do it once per snitch but gotta ask.

Now that I started organising tournaments I became the public "rules cleric".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigBadBroloski wrote:
Do Senseis stack?
Do Snitches stack?
Sensei says "every ice except Sensei" but the rules mention something that when a card refers to his name it refers only to itself.
Does having multiple Snithes enable multiple exposing per turn? It says once per turn, I think you do it once per snitch but gotta ask.

Yes cards only refer to themselves, so multiple Senseis will stack. 2 Senseis alone will get you 1 ETR on the back Sensei.

Snitches say once per run. So two of them can expose two pieces of ice per run.

[edit: grandma]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small grammar nazi point, sensei is its own plural (e.g. two sensei). You wouldn't say salmons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Tuism wrote:
BigBadBroloski wrote:
Do Senseis stack?
Do Snitches stack?

Yes cards only refer to themselves, so multiple Senseis will stack. 2 Senseis alone will get you 1 ETR on the back Sensei.

Snitches say once per run. So two of them can expose two pieces of ice per run.

Ups, I missred it. When I was reading it I saw a word ending with "n" and seeing the effect I automaticlly read "turn". My mind is a weird thing...
Also, reading things in late hours does not help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mb
hoobajoo wrote:
Small grammar nazi point, sensei is its own plural (e.g. two sensei). You wouldn't say salmons.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:

Even though it's an imported word from Japanese, it still follows English morphology. It's as OK to say Senseis as much as it is to say Katanas - which is to say, it happens all the time for English speakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:

Even though it's an imported word from Japanese, it still follows English morphology. It's as OK to say Senseis as much as it is to say Katanas - which is to say, it happens all the time for English speakers.

Yeah, the same people who say 'ignorami', I bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Not really a rule thing, more of a strategy thing, I thought of the strange idea to host multiple Snitches on a Djinn. This would be for some deck that doesn't do much early game, but just builds up real big before running. As fewer ice is hitting the field, they can be trashed to be replaced by viruses you "wish" for with Djinn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:

I would definitely say salmons but never senseis. For no native speaker English has its pitfalls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.