Subject: Thor: Gold for favors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
Variant (putting more spice to the theme)

Scoring: Yes, for every 5 favor points score a gold coin. Round favor points to the closest multiple of 5.

(You can get a bag of fake gold coins (100 to 144) from Party City or similar stores for three or four dollars)

Game: Play 5 rounds, one for each Norse God (Balder not used in this variant). The dominant God of the round can't get a "Zero" sacrifice card in his/her column. Play it's zero sacrifice card behind an existing sacrifice card at the moment. If no value is present yet, you have to wait until someone else plays a higher sacrifice card. The lowest value is 1 favor point for the dominant God of the round. Use a token or chip to mark the column of the dominant God, also.

Exception: Thor is always played in the last round and never gets a "Zero" or "One" sacrifice card, so the his lowest value is "Two" favor points in the fifth round.

If you don't have the "Thor" version go with "Loco".
I wish I could get geek-gold this way.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you pick up a copy of Thor? Is it still in print? Loco seems interesting, but as I understand it, Thor has some additional special effect cards, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
That's correct, but requires 3 players or more. You can get a printout of the special cards if you download a file from the BGG "Loco" game page. I think Thor is OOP, or discontinued...not sure. I own Loco and made a prototype of Thor using my own cards, plus the special cards that I got from the BGG game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loco looks very generic, but the artwork on Thor looks pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
I used art from other sources for my prototype of Thor, but I have to say that my copy would be used for show and tell only. I can't publish how I did it. You have to create one yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.