Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I am new here so I hope this is the proper place to post a New Announcement for my Kickstarter Project. I also posted this in the Press release section. Please take a look. Thanks Dan Leighly
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1524748395/treasure-gate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Now you know the Secret, A Great Game, and a Great Candy Bar. Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to say I'm very concerned about how tested the game has been when I see:

Quote:
150 Points, or more. (This can be changed, players decide)

The wording makes it sound like you used an arbitrary number and have not really put any testing into the best points score for a sarisfying game. If 150 points worked, I'd lose the rest as it goes from a definitive thing to something that makes you sound less confident in your own game.

Like Duncan, though, I see a Monopoly clone where the players have no control anywhere they go based on the cards and description given). Talisman has more choices and more player control over their turn, and even then, many people have blasted it for lack of player control. Picking a random card from a choice of two different decks isn't really control.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
An average game lasts about 45 minutes, but some people like to play longer, but 150 points works out rather well, I do see your point though. As for game control, this game is design as a fun active game of chance, nothing more. It is fun, quick, and easy to play. Thank you for your feedback. Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck in your kickstarter, though most people on this site have quite different tastes from the more old fashioned games (such as ludo and monopoly) which you seem to be comparing your game to.

I've looked at your video and strongly recommend you do one using a tripod, as it makes it much easier to follow without the shaky camera!

Hope you reach your target!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
They don't call me shaky Jake for nothin. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see the video. I am not sure if it was taken down or if my work is blocking it. So, I am not sure on the overall play. But viewing it...this makes me think more of a friday night family game when it is raining, rather than something I would call my friends over for a long gaming session. If I am right, it will be a hard sale on this site, but I wish you the best of luck Dan.

Now the first obvious comparison that can be made (because it has already been mentioned three times) is Monoploy. Oh how I wish Monolopy would just disappear from the face of the earth, all versions, at once. So until I see the video I can't see it as more than that.

However, there is an issue that I would recommend resolving with your game design: the card size. The fact that two decks overlap actual board spaces. That alone...well..for lack of a better word, infuriates me. It screams lack of attention to detail. The game shouldn't be based on looks but more on fun, but that really stands out. I hope you have plans to resize the cards, because without seeing gameplay, I get the same impression about a lack of attention to detail for the rules right now.

Anyway, I plan to check this again when I get home from work to see if I can view the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The colors are very bright and oversaturated. It does not look professional. It's also roll and move without any meaningful decisionmaking. I'd suggest going back to the drawing board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
There are also a legion of grammatical errors in the first few text boxes alone. That definitely calls into question the professionalism of the whole thing.

(Sorry to jump on here, but I'm sick of purchasing games that haven't gone through a proper editor.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. The cards are standard poker size cards, and they can fit in the gameboard center where they don't overlap the board spaces. I didn't realize where I had placed them when I took those pictures. Yes this is designed as a family gamenight game. Thanks again, Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Apparently I am on the wrong website. This game was designed more for kids and Families more then anything. It is designed as a quick play easy game with lots of twists and turns, all by chance of the draw of the cards, and roll of the die. It is colorful for a reason. Thanks though, Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

I got a chance to view the video finally. I don't think it is that bad of a game. It is more of a game that a family can play together, than what the gamers around here like, which is still cool. Due to the amount of luck needed in it, it isn't really a game for me, but I can see where others would enjoy playing it.

One thing I might recommend to make it easier to play: a second score board. Just a small board where people can keep track of the points they gain and lose. That way no one can forget or have to write down their score. A good example of a game that uses this effectively is Seasons.

Well, I wish you luck with your kickstarter, and hope it makes funding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leighly
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you for your suggestions. I think I will add a score tracking board to the game. Also I could do that as another stretch goal reward on KickStarter, or something. Thanks again, Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Press Releases.

Locked.

If you wish to comment on this project please do so here:
KickStarter Announcement

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.