Popular Tags: [View All]
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still untested!
And remember: depending if you are more into D&D or into japanese RPG videogames, you can call these "gelatinous cubes" or "blobs".

Brown Jelly (Lesser Monster)
Movement: 5
Life: 1
Attacks: 1

Soulless: Brown Jellies cannot be used to complete the Final Ritual.
Unsummonable: Brown Jellies cannot be regularly summoned. They are only brought into play when a Red Jelly divides or explodes (see below).

Red Jelly (Major Monster)
Movement: 4
Life: 2
Attacks: 1

Division: when a Red Jelly dies, immediately summon two Brown Jellies into the square of the slain Red Jelly and/or any of the adjacent squares. If there are not enough legal squares to summon both Brown Jellies, summon only one of them. Note that, as they're immediately placed, the Heroes can still attack the resulting Brown Jellies in the same Attack Step.
Void: a Red Jelly does not give Experience to the Hero who killed it, but the Brown Jellies give Experience as normal.
Explosion: at the beginning of the Dornkeeper's turn, the Dornkeeper can sacrifice any number of his Red Jellies. If he does so, immediately summon two Brown Jellies into the square of the sacrificed Red Jelly and/or any adjacent squares. In addition, the Dornkeeper can spend up to one summoning point to summon one additional Brown Jelly in these squares. This can be made once per sacrificed Red Jelly. All the summoned Brown Jellies can move and attack this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Japanese RPG = Slime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius Jopy
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am more into JRPG, so I think I will reverse the condition.
Instead of dividing, make them combine, 6 slimes turn into King Slime!
And if DK sacrifice bloods it turn into Metal Slime, pesky creature with 4 parries and 2 attack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omodo wrote:
I am more into JRPG, so I think I will reverse the condition.
Instead of dividing, make them combine, 6 slimes turn into King Slime!
And if DK sacrifice bloods it turn into Metal Slime, pesky creature with 4 parries and 2 attack!

If the jellies divide into smaller ones, they enter play as Major Monsters summoned in the Dark Temple.

But if the jellies combine into bigger ones, the problem is where to summon them as Lesser Monsters. Also, if they all share a summoning point, it would be very easy to gather a bunch of jellies to combine, so summoning them already combined would have a very similar effect. That would work only if you invented a mechanic that summoned them in far places, forcing the Dornkeeper to move them across the board in order to be combined into bigger jellies.

The idea of forming a "Master Jelly" (as in the Ancient Cave of "Lufia 2") is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tlustak
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well how about you summon them on the six red-framed spaces for the "Cave in" tokens?:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.