Popular Tags: jambo [+] asante [+] [View All]
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/136056/asante
R.Dorn tells about "Asante":
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912413/some-information-abou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I hadn't heard about this before. Sounds good!

Do I understand correctly that this is a standalone game that can also be combined with Jambo to make one large game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.
According to the kosmos.de homepage, this game (German version) will be published in March 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btw, the German rules are available for downloading:
http://www.kosmos.de/_files_media/mediathek/downloads/anleit...

Comparison: Jambo vs. Asante

„Asante”, like a „Jambo”, is designed only for 2 players.
The rulebook of „Asante” shows only minor changes in comparison with the „Jambo” rules.
Of course, all „Asante” cards are new.

1)Components:
Jambo:
112 cards (40 ware cards, 22 utility cards, 29 people cards, 14 animal cards, 2 large market stands, 5 small market stands)
52 gold pieces (23 small with value 1, 29 large with value 5)
36 (6x6) wares
5 action markers

Asante:
112 cards (35 ware cards, 14 utility cards, 34 people cards, 14 animal cards, 15 holy location cards)
46 gold pieces (21 small with value 1, 25 large with value 5)
48 (8x6) wares
5 action markers
2 large markets stands on thicker paperboard

2)Main difference between „Asante” and „Jambo”:
there are still 5 kinds of cards, but instead of „small market stand” cards (Jambo) we have now 15 holy location cards (Asante).
In „Asante” you should not worry about a sixth space of your market stand when you fill it with a ware because you should not pay anymore 2 gold to the bank.
In „Jambo” most ware cards show 3 wares (or sometimes - 6 wares). In „Asante” ware cards show 1 to 4 wares. Some ware cards have a new kind of symbol: box (these ware cards are like a joker because you can sell/ buy any one/two wares of the same kind – they are similar to some ware cards from „Jambo Expansion 2”).

"Holy location” cards (total: 15 (5x3) cards)
There are 5 kinds of holy location cards:
a)Rwenzori Mountains allows you to draw a card;
b)Victoria Falls allows you to take 1 gold from the bank;
c)Okavango Delta allows you to place back an action marker;
d) Ngorongoro Crater allows you to exchange 1 ware from your market with 1 ware of the supply;
e)Kilimanjaro is like a joker – you can choose one of the actions: a), b), c) or d).

Each use of a holy location card costs the player nothing! When a player plays a holy location card, he executes the action and discards the card. A player may use only 1 holy location card per turn but if you have 2 or even 3 cards of the same kind then you can execute the action twice or thrice.

I think (from what I read in the "Asante" rulebook) that "Asante" could be a little bit lighter than "Jambo".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel Asante is any lighter or heavier than Jambo. Of course if someone has already played Jambo, then they already know how to play Asante other than just reading the section on Holy location cards (which is basically another module which you can play without if desired - like the carpet, huts, and relics which came with the Jambo expansion)

If you like Jambo, you should like Asante since it is practically just more cards. Weather or not one needs Asante just comes down to if you want more cards for Jambo (think of Asaante as a stand alone expansion to Jambo)

My wife and I enjoy both of them immensely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.